Splendour questions about Med cruise

Hi, we're booked to go on the Splendour of the Seas on 3rd Sept this year which is a 7 day med cruise starting from Barcelona and can't wait!:)

I've been looking at what excursions to do and wondered if anybody who's been on this cruise could tell me what nights the formal nights are, which ports they coincide with. We were thinking of doing an all day tour at Naples to Sorrento and Pompeii, but as we're booked on to the early seating at 6.30pm, there might not be enough time to get ready (you know what us women are like!). We are on wait list for the later seating which is what we prefer, but does anybody know the chances of getting it. Also, I have read on some reviews that there are 4 seating times, but our travel agent has only told us 6.30 and 8.30, is this correct?

At the port of Vilefranche is it easy to make your own way to either Nice or Cannes, is it quite close?

Thanks a lot for anybody's help.

you might want to consider posting this question over on the Europe ports of call board. There are lot of recent med passengers who have just returned. you're question might get answered faster over there.

just an idea.

good luck.

Archived