Does anyone know how to speed up time?

Well, according to Einstein's theories, if you could find some way of speeding up to near the speed of light your time frame would be much slower than the normal "earth" time frame. The net effect would be that once you slowed back down to normal speed much more time would have passed on earth than what you personally experienced, so depending on how fast you were going, where you felt one day pass by, on earth many days would have passed.

Of course, the down side to accelerating to those kinds of speeds is that to someone on earth you would appear much more massive than you were at normal speed, but then that's kind of what we all experience by the end of a cruise, especially after one too many midnight chocolate buffets.

Oh, and yes, I know - I'm a nerd.

I edited my options to not show everyone's future cruises/countdown clocks so that I don't have to be jealous of all the cruises that everyone else will be going on. The only other thing I could think of to make time go faster is to be in a coma - but with my luck I wouldn't wake up until the cruise was over.

I edited my options to not show everyone's future cruises/countdown clocks so that I don't have to be jealous of all the cruises that everyone else will be going on. The only other thing I could think of to make time go faster is to be in a coma - but with my luck I wouldn't wake up until the cruise was over.

I'm leaving on the Enchantment in 7 days. :D

kewlguy:p.

I noticed from a previous post of yours that we'll be on the Grandeur 11/06 with you. Thank goodness I've got 2 scheduled between now & then cause I'm starting to go into withdrawal.

kewlguy:p.

I noticed from a previous post of yours that we'll be on the Grandeur 11/06 with you. Thank goodness I've got 2 scheduled between now & then cause I'm starting to go into withdrawal.

Sorry to report we will be on the 9/16 Grandeur and not 11/6. :(

Well, according to Einstein's theories, if you could find some way of speeding up to near the speed of light your time frame would be much slower than the normal "earth" time frame. The net effect would be that once you slowed back down to normal speed much more time would have passed on earth than what you personally experienced, so depending on how fast you were going, where you felt one day pass by, on earth many days would have passed.

Of course, the down side to accelerating to those kinds of speeds is that to someone on earth you would appear much more massive than you were at normal speed, but then that's kind of what we all experience by the end of a cruise, especially after one too many midnight chocolate buffets.

you just single handedly blew my mind..*lol*

Ha!!! Hey, it's ok to be a nerd. Especially in situations like these where time travel is involved. :D

Guest OBAYbee
Did you check E-Bay? :D

Tia, let me know if you find anything. I could use a speed up myself.

Larry

LOL!

kewlguy - I was referring to the Baltimore - N.O. on 11/19/06 - looks like you have so many you can't remember them all;)

Well, then I guess we will be meeting November 2006. It seems like a long time from now but this years repo cruise (Baltimore to New Orleans) has been sold out for awhile. Couldn't pass up that great itinerary and the two cruise credits. This cruising is way too addictive.

Archived