has anyone stayed in a beach cabana-hillside lately?

dcu

I am looking for first hand experience on the "nellies beach cabana at hillside". Royal Caribbean rep said the names have been changed and she thinks this type of cabana has full flight of steps and tucked in the trees. Does anyone have first hand experience with this to guide me? Thanks so much!

I have, I have! We were there just last week. It is a set of rocky steps to get to the hillside cabanas. They are between Barefoot and Nellies(closer to Nellies). I was happy with the hillside because when we got there the attendant asked if we wanted to go to Barefoot or Nellies. We said Barefoot and he set us up lounge chairs and mats. Having access to the suite beach was an added surprise bonus and I think really made the cabana more worth it!

It must be a cabana perk to enjoy barefoot beach if you get a cabana on Nellies. Friends of ours had a Nellies cabana and we had a suite.

We were all able to swim and spend time together on Barefoot beach when they were not in there cabana and we were not doing our stuff. I am glad it happened for our friends also.

This was as of our July 14th. Sailing on the Allure.

Sea Ya

• 2 weeks later...

While this was our second time in Labadee, it was the first time the Wife and I had a hillside cabana at Nellies Beach.

One word...

WOW!!!!

My wife is kinda reluctant to "splurge" on things, but, this cruise was our first anniversary (we have only been married for a year, but we go back over 35 years); and while she was cool with me getting a cabana for us, she really was not too "geeked" about getting one.

Needless to say, after one afternoon in our hillside cabana, she'll never do Labadee any other way. As we were leaving our cabana at the end of the day (around 3 pm), a group of folks at Nellies Beach asked us about our cabana, and, if it was worth it. We enthusiastically replied YES!!!

They then asked if they could go look and we told them sure. When we got to our cabin, I looked out to take a pic of the cabana and those folks were enjoying it themselves (they are the ones lounging in the photo).

When I return to Labadee, I am getting another cabana, no doubt about it!.

First photo is a photo of the cabana we rented (pic was taken from our balcony after we went back to the ship...yellow arrow points to it). The other photos show the view from our cabana.

cabana01_zps259ebe76.jpg.45cf124c6e9c4e71f18f9e1c1c2cdc0c.jpg

IMG_3898_zps9e8d34c3.jpg.3ba78a6d3edc44a9d28b98b751aefdaa.jpg

IMG_3897_zpsc17a4353.jpg.d2724241f0bd44ecae8ae72b9ef52b7b.jpg

IMG_3896_zps8f4b9696.jpg.de35b3f7739dd828d60f496fc240ebf0.jpg

Archived