Carnival splendor from NY in winter

Lsilva7

I am thinking of going in te carnival splendor out of NY this winter. Can anyone tell me their reviews? I am curious since it will be freezing in ny how it will be on the cruise ship and cruise deck. Is the pool enclosed? Do u need to stay indoors until u get closer to Florida? Also any reviews or tipson this ship would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I am thinking of going in te carnival splendor out of NY this winter. Can anyone tell me their reviews? I am curious since it will be freezing in ny how it will be on the cruise ship and cruise deck. Is the pool enclosed? Do u need to stay indoors until u get closer to Florida? Also any reviews or tipson this ship would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think the Miracle did the winter sailings from NYC last winter. It's a different ship, but you could get some insights. I believe that you are pretty much inside until the second day.

The splendor has a rectractable roof over the lido deck until the weather gets better and then it opens. Their is a pool on the lido deck and with the rectractable roof you can use it from NYC no problem.

I was told the first day going and last day back are cold.

We are going October 24 th bad I will post a review once we are back with all sorts of tips.

There is also a thread all things splendor NYC which has great advice and info!!!

Happy cruising

I am thinking of going in te carnival splendor out ofNY this winter. Can anyone tell me their reviews? I am curious since it will be freezing in ny how it will be on the cruise ship and cruise deck. Is the pool enclosed? Do u need to stay indoors until u get closer to Florida? Also any reviews or tipson this ship would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Since the Splendor is new to NYC, this will be the first time it will be doing the winter trips from NY.

NCL has been doing the NY to Carrib. runs for a few years and from the reviews that I have read there it is generally cold for the first two days, but the NCL ships do not have the dome like the Splendor. Although the dome would protect passengers from rain etc., I would think it would still be cold. I wonder if Carnival would heat the pools like NCL? If so, I would think you would be able to use the pools at least until you get to the ports.

I cruised out of NYC on the Miracle in January 2013. The first and last full day were cold, we still found plenty of things to do! They had the roof closed over the pool on the way down (still to cold to use the pools on the way down) then opened up the roof when we got to the first port. They closed the roof before we left the last port, it was still warm the next sea day, the last sea day was cold again. We did have some rough weather and they closed all the outside decks for 3 of the sea days. However we still had an amazing time:D

We sailed out of NYC in Feb of 2013. I can only speak to the weather, in NYC we hit blizzard warnings, but for us, being from a snow belt area, a blizzard to them was 6 inches, did not stop us. We have some great photos from Top of The Rock with a white blanket all over the city. The city was beautiful with new, fresh white snow and nobody was in town, we had Time Square almost to ourselves. Awesome!

On board it is cold for about 1.5 days, it was in the 70's in florida and the Bahamas. Sunny and very nice.

Heading back up, again got cold with 1.5 sea days left. Pulling into NYC was 18 degrees, but wonderful sunshine, the city looked magical! We have a photo of my husband standing on the veranda with shorts, flip-flops and his winter coat, the sun just beaming.

All I have to say, is you make what you make of your time at sea, we loved the adventure, and yes, this was the first time I took boots out to sea~!

The Splendor is not new out of NY. It's first sailing was 3/23-- I was on it. The retractable roof works for the colder days. We just happen to hit some unusally cooler weather in florida and the Bahamas. I shouldn't say unusual --more like unpredictable weather that time of year. I love the Thallasotherapy pool in the spa with the Thermal rooms --heated tile beds. Think the package for the week was around $150 or so for unlimited visits. A highlight considering the weather is cold. I enjoyed the ship --we had been on it in Calif. as well. Enjoy your trip.

The Splendor is not new out of NY. It's first sailing was 3/23-- I was on it. The retractable roof works for the colder days. We just happen to hit some unusally cooler weather in florida and the Bahamas. I shouldn't say unusual --more like unpredictable weather that time of year. I love the Thallasotherapy pool in the spa with the Thermal rooms --heated tile beds. Think the package for the week was around $150 or so for unlimited visits. A highlight considering the weather is cold. I enjoyed the ship --we had been on it in Calif. as well. Enjoy your trip.

Yes, it's new as this will be Splendors first winter.

The gulf stream is the ships friends, providing no strong fronts are coming through. So the temps can rise dramatically once the ship enters those waters.

If I remember correctly, people always post there is no heat on the ships. Not sure if that includes Splendor.

Archived