Oceania - Early booking dliemma

prairie_cheeks

I wish I had an email for Oceania's onboard agent who sold us a cruise and told us that "all exclusive savings would be rolled over to another booking before final payment".

Apparently, that is not true. Has this happened to any of you?

While onboard the Marina last December, we booked a trip from Cape Town to Singapore for Jan 2014. Sadly, we are unable to make that journey. Final payment is due on Saturday coming so we cancelled and arranged for a shorter alternate trip in the fall of 2014.

Bonus discounts included free gratuities on the Africa trip. We have been told this will not be transfered to our new fall booking. Our travel agent made a case for us with at least two Oceania reps to no avail.

Naturally we are disappointed in Oceania. One for not honouring the agreement (which we have in writing) and two for not publishing any contact or email addresses of onboard agents one of whom wrote, "Should you require any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me."

Other than this, we love Oceania.

You may be confusing onboard discounts with cruise-specific perks. On some cruises, Oceania throws in free gratuities [to everyone, regardless of whether booked on board] and on some they do not.

The onboard discount, whether a percentage or a dollar amount, should roll over to the new booking but the free gratuities would depend on whether they are being offered on the new cruise.

If you have a TA why did you book with an Oceania sales rep?

There were extra "incentives" for booking onboard. Our TA still gets credit.

I now understand that the pre paid gratuities incentive was limited to the cruise we first chose and not extended to the alternate choice.

We're going happily with Plan B in any case.

There were extra "incentives" for booking onboard. Our TA still gets credit.

I now understand that the pre paid gratuities incentive was limited to the cruise we first chose and not extended to the alternate choice.

We're going happily with Plan B in any case.

We booked a future cruise on board and switched to one we thought was better. We got everything the agent promised and our TA added extra Obcs and other perks. A good TA is the answer to so many problems.

When we switched to a different cruise (shorter than the one we had booked onboard), we were not given the same free gratuities bonus. That promotion was over by then so we lost that bonus. We did retain a couple of other bonuses - early booking, etc. These were transferred to the new booking.

Archived