Breakaway/Getaway mini suite with large balcony

smsmiley

Has anyone stayed in the mini suite with large balcony? We were in a mid ship mini on Breakaway and are trying to decide if we should go for the same category on Getaway. Is there a noise issue since these cabins are right above the theater? If you have been in one of those rooms, how did you like it? Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 month later...

We are just off the Breakaway mini suite with large balcony.

Cabin 8724.

Great cabin, no noise issues what so ever. We were usually in bed by 11_ midnight.

Loved the cabin.

My only issue was the coach where the 3rd person slept. So incredibly hard, impossible to sleep on.

luckily we had a great cabin steward and he brought in an extra mattress to put on top of the couch.

If anyone have any specific questions ask away!

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your comments! Glad you enjoyed your cruise! We are booked on the Getaway in the exact same room we had on the Breakaway this past June, a mid ship mini suite, for now. Maybe we will consider the large balcony possibility.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Glad you had a good cruise Was the bed next to the balcony or the closet? Booked an M6 for my daughter and trying to figure out if the configurations on the deck plan are accurate. Also did the balcony have lounge chairs? Thanks!

We were in 8724 the bed was next to the balcony.

When we got into the room we had 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs with a tiny table.

We asked our cabin Stewart to bring in an extra lounge chair and he did no problem.

luckily we had a great cabin steward and he brought in an extra mattress to put on top of the couch.

Hi. We are in 8722 next week. Who was your cabin steward? There have been a number of negative reviews about the cabin steward that services a group of cabins on that side in that area. I am hoping his assigned group of cabins ended before my cabin, and your comment suggests that it might, which would make me very happy. Did you have/ask for chaise lounges for your balcony? Any problem?

Terry

Hi. We are in 8722 next week. Who was your cabin steward? There have been a number of negative reviews about the cabin steward that services a group of cabins on that side in that area. I am hoping his assigned group of cabins ended before my cabin, and your comment suggests that it might, which would make me very happy. Did you have/ask for chaise lounges for your balcony? Any problem?

Terry

Our cabin stewards name is Anthony.

We had 8716 and 8720. Both of these cabins had the bed by the balcony. Absolutely loved it. Bathroom alone is great. (shower is double the size) and double sinks.....and balcony is 107sq.ft as opposed to 38sq.ft. Absolute heaven. One third on the balcony has an overhang for privacy and the other 2/3rds is visible to the cabins above you.

Ps....we had Anthony also. He was wonderful.:o

Sailing on the Breakaway March 30, 2014 in Mini Suite 8728 sounds like its right near where your cabin was do you have any photos you can post?

thanks

You were right next to us.

I do not have pictures, with there people the room was quite messy! Did not want to show all that!

• 3 weeks later...

I've never sailed in forward part of ship...is there more movment? Wondering if I should get spa suite over mini suite if being forward....did mini suite have any perks? I read online that they get some haven perks...? Any info is so helpful, thx

I've never sailed in forward part of ship...is there more movment? Wondering if I should get spa suite over mini suite if being forward....did mini suite have any perks? I read online that they get some haven perks...? Any info is so helpful, thx

There are no Haven or Suite perks for a mini, just the bigger space.

We just got back yesterday from the Breakaway trip to Bermuda. We were in M6 cabin 8118, just about as far forward as it gets. Plenty of room, especially in the bathroom. We were almost directly below where the bridge overhangs. There were no problems with noise from the theater. About the only thing we heard was the whoosh from nearby toilets, and you would get that anywhere on the ship.

There was some noticeable rolling, especially on the way back when we were doing 21 knots, but that was the same everywhere. No noticeable pitching, but the seas were only 5 feet.

MiniSuites do not get any Suite perks.

Overall a very nice trip, Good food, good cabin steward (Leo). We had a ball on the Segways!!

This photo is great for comparing balcony sizes on the Breakaway -

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

YES, it is thanks!

After doing some research and counting my pennies - I am trying to upgrade to a Spa Suite in The Haven. The balconies appear tiny on the mid ship mini suites. Cost a little steep right now but I expect it to drop some as we approach sail date of 12/1.

Thanks!!