Cancel or just change dates

katiedidthat

Ok- here's the rundown:

Right now my family is booked on the December 1 sailing of the Pride under the "More=Merrier" rate but I just found out I will have a work conflict that week and cannot get out of it (without being fired). We looked at alternative weeks and decided on November 17, still on the Pride with the same rate and room type. My question is- since we are outside of final payment dates for December, should I just cancel this week and rebook on Nov 17 or would it be easier to call and have them change us to the 17th? Will they charge me to switch to a different cruise week or will they just move the deposit over and adjust our final payment date by 2 weeks? I know if we cancel right now we'll get the full deposit but I don't know if I want to risk waiting for it to credit to my card before being able to rebook since the rates have fluctuated a decent amount in the past week, so that's why I'm wondering if just switching the reservation to a different week is possible. Thanks!!

Since you are not Early Saver & haven't reached the final payment date, you should be able to just switch it to the Nov 17th without a problem or a penalty. The current promotion is called Fall & Winter instead of More the Merrier. I don't think there should be any issue with that, except that they may take away the 50% reduced deposit (if you even got that initially). If so, you may have to pay the rest of the deposit right away. For example, if you have 2 people & got the reduced deposit initially, you paid $250 instead of the full $500. They may ask for the rest of the $250 right away because of making a change. That's not a penalty; it's just paying that money right away instead of at final payment with the rest of what is due. Again, I don't know if they would do that; the current promotion makes a mention of that possibility. Again, this is only if you got the 50% reduced deposit initially. Since final payment would be in less than a month for the Nov 17th, I would just switch rather than cancel & rebook, even if I did have to pay the rest of the deposit right now. It's much easier that way.

Archived