2011 Crown and Anchor Changes

I think I am correct in assuming that it was in 2011 that the C&A points system was changed.

I have only recently returned to RCI and looking at my account I just wanted to clarify:

Prior to 2011 how many points were given for a 14 night cruise in a GS?

Was any sort of multiplier used on the points people already had to move them in to the correct band for the new system?

Hope that makes sense and hope someone can help me.

I think I am correct in assuming that it was in 2011 that the C&A points system was changed.

I have only recently returned to RCI and looking at my account I just wanted to clarify:

Prior to 2011 how many points were given for a 14 night cruise in a GS?

Was any sort of multiplier used on the points people already had to move them in to the correct band for the new system?

Hope that makes sense and hope someone can help me.

Three credits would be correct, if the cruise was take after Jan 1, 2004. If before Jan 1, 2004, then no extra credit for the suite. If before Jan 1, 2003, then no extra credit for 12+ days. So you should have either 22, 15, or 8 points depending on if you had 3, 2, or 1 credit(s) respectively.

It was taken in 2010 and I have only got 3 points which I thought must be wrong.

Thankyou all for the information and I will contact RCI now I know the facts and hopefully that will make my C&A account look a bit healthier!

It was taken in 2010 and I have only got 3 points which I thought must be wrong.

Thankyou all for the information and I will contact RCI now I know the facts and hopefully that will make my C&A account look a bit healthier!

Yes, contact C&A. It looks like they did no conversion at all. You should have 22 points, but don't be surprised if they only give you 21. I've read other accounts of people missing credit for earlier cruises, and it seems that Royal multiplies old credits by 7, but is reluctant to add the "fudge factor" point(s).

Old thread discussing this with breakdown of conversion, 22 would be correct

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343037

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

In your Cruise History, they list the Cruise Credits (prior to 1/21/11) and Cruise Points (1/21/11 to present) as "Cruise Value". I received 1 credit per cruise before the change and they are still listed as a "Cruise Value" of 1 for each cruise. The cruises I taken beginning with one on 1/21/11, there are the number for the cruise points received during the cruise.

Look on the left side where your information is listed: Crown & Anchor Member Status, Membership #, Level, and Completed Cruise Points.

Your Completed Cruise Points will have your converted cruise credits to cruise points combined with any cruise points. Based on the information provided, you will see 3 in the "Cruise Value" and should see 22 next to "Completed Cruise Points". Your "Level" will be Gold (right above the Completed Cruise Points number).

There used to be a notation divider between the Cruise Point cruises and Cruise Credit cruises, but they no longer provide it.

Archived