Transportation & other questions

addictedtocrusing2011

This is my 1st post so I hope I do it correctly. :) We will be traveling to NOLA for the 1st time in December. There will be 6 of us, 2 adults and 4 children ages 5,6,7,9. We are staying 2 nights at Homewood Suites before cruise & one night at the Embassy Suites when we return from our cruise. We are planning a swamp tour & the Aquarium. I have a few questions:

1. What's the best way to get 6 people from airport to hotel and from hotel to pier? (We are cruising with NCL)

2. If we have time to fit more in, what other activities would you recommend?

3. What Restaurants would you recommend? We want to try different places but with a kids menu if possible.

4. Has anyone stayed at Homewood suites or Embassy Suites before & did you like the hotels? Is it a Safe area? I'm normally not too worried about that, but since our children are with us I'm a little more cautious.

Any help/advice would be wonderful! Thanks :)

This is my 1st post so I hope I do it correctly. :) We will be traveling to NOLA for the 1st time in December. There will be 6 of us, 2 adults and 4 children ages 5,6,7,9. We are staying 2 nights at Homewood Suites before cruise & one night at the Embassy Suites when we return from our cruise. We are planning a swamp tour & the Aquarium. I have a few questions:

1. What's the best way to get 6 people from airport to hotel and from hotel to pier? (We are cruising with NCL)

2. If we have time to fit more in, what other activities would you recommend?

3. What Restaurants would you recommend? We want to try different places but with a kids menu if possible.

4. Has anyone stayed at Homewood suites or Embassy Suites before & did you like the hotels? Is it a Safe area? I'm normally not too worried about that, but since our children are with us I'm a little more cautious.

Any help/advice would be wonderful! Thanks :)

I'm guessing that you are not renting a van or car during your stay in New Orleans.

As for when you are doing the Aquarium, you are close to the French Quarter and Jackson square. The streetcar is a good option, it has a stop near the aquarium (hint it does get crowded at times)

Not for dinner, but a great snack is Cafe du Monde. Fun eating the pastries. Early morning is a great time to enjoy them. At the French Market, a great snowball is fun for the kids also.

As for the dining options, I can't say much since I was not traveling with small children.

List the addresses of the hotels.

As for transportation, with small kids, a cab is probably your answer. I have reports of per person rates meaning just that, however. This happened when last there in April. No free kids, so be prepared. I have taken the Jefferson airport bus many times, it is for a certain type of traveler which isn't for most people. :)

There is also a shuttle service that you get in the baggage claim area, they may have a kids deal? But otherwise they were more than a cab, for adults.

Archived