Hertz Car Rental in Le Havre

Green Recruit

We have booked a car rental from Hertz in LeHavre and are confused on the location. One source list the agency at 167 BOULEVARD AMIRAL MOUCHEZ while another source gives the address at 70 RUE DES BRIQUETIERS. Checking on Google Earth, they appear within blocks of each other but using 'street view' neither facility appears to have an 'office', one looks to be a warehouse and the other appears as a garage!

Has anyone rented recently at LeHavre from Hertz and can clear this up?

In addition, we are in LeHavre twice on B2B cruises and within 3 days of both arrivals at the port. We intend to rent on the first visit on a Monday, leave the car in a secure location near the port for a day and return on Wednesday, driving the car that day and return it to Hertz that afternoon. Has anyone done this and can recommend somewhere to leave the car overnight?

Thanks for any help. Dion

When you make a Hertz reservation you get an immediate e-mail confirmation which should list the address of the rental car agency. If you have conflicting info on locations (it has happened to us) it is time to call Hertz and ask them to clear up your confusion (and re confirm the pick-up address in an e-mail). We once rented a car from an agency in Italy (do not recall the agency or location at this point) and when we got to the location it turned out that the agency had moved several years earlier. We eventually found the right location....but I was not a happy camper :(

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

We rented a car from Hertz on August 6, 2013. I was also confused about the location but the taxi driver took us from the dock right to the rental location for 12 Euros. The total cost for a small car with a stick shift was 129 Euros. This included their most inclusive insurance package and a GPS. We only had the car for the day so I cannot provide any information on parking. There was a very helpful lady at the rental location that spoke much better English than I did French. We also spent about 20 Euros on diesel fuel and a total of about 16-18 Euros on traffic tolls travelling to and from Juno Beach. Hope this helps.

We rented a car from Hertz on August 6, 2013. I was also confused about the location but the taxi driver took us from the dock right to the rental location for 12 Euros. The total cost for a small car with a stick shift was 129 Euros. This included their most inclusive insurance package and a GPS. We only had the car for the day so I cannot provide any information on parking. There was a very helpful lady at the rental location that spoke much better English than I did French. We also spent about 20 Euros on diesel fuel and a total of about 16-18 Euros on traffic tolls travelling to and from Juno Beach. Hope this helps.

Hmmmm. Am wondering why it cost you that much. A quick look on Hertz's own web site shows you can get a mid-size car for 79.25 Euros (looking at a next week rental). A small car is even less. And with a discount code those rates should drop 5-10%.

Hank

Archived