Shorts in MDR

cjnix29

Ok, my husband wants confirmation that nice khaki shorts are permitted in the MDR on non elegant nights. I have read him the info from the faqs on the carnival site, but in the not permitted right below it says no shorts. So can someone verify for me that nice khaki shorts will be allowed! Thanks!!!

I apologize for this post. Should have just scrolled down and would have found almost an identical one. Sorry!!!!

No apology necessary! There are too many posts on here to always know if you're duplicating something. You can always search your question, but sometimes it's nice to start a fresh convo on the topic :D

Ok, my husband wants confirmation that nice khaki shorts are permitted in the MDR on non elegant nights. I have read him the info from the faqs on the carnival site, but in the not permitted right below it says no shorts. So can someone verify for me that nice khaki shorts will be allowed! Thanks!!!

I had on shorts during the 2nd elegant night; I didn't feel like changing, but went to the MDR to ask if my clothes were acceptable. I was told I was dressy (I think not) and my attire was fine. The hostess said it wasn't acceptable for men.

I did see men in shorts on non elegant nights; I really think it depends on the ship or staff at a particular dining room. To save yourselves a headache; just pack a pair of slacks or khakis for your husband as a back up. And you can do what I did...go to the MDR and ask if his attire is acceptable.

Good luck!

No apology necessary! There are too many posts on here to always know if you're duplicating something. You can always search your question, but sometimes it's nice to start a fresh convo on the topic :D

:):):)

Every new thread on the old topic means someone is getting ready to set sail:D

OP- Enjoy!

Ok, I'm still new to carnival as my cruise on the 18th is only my 2nd. Have not seen shorts in MDR on Royal so can someone please show me some pics of people in shorts in the MDR so I know this is not a practical joke? I am very hot by nature and cruising the Caribbean in August is gonna be a scorcher. So, if I can wear nice shorts and a polo or button down to the MDR and be very comfortable that would be awesome.

Been on 9 Carnival cruises and always wear khaki shorts to the MDR with decent collared polo shirt. On elegant nights my shorts grow to khaki long pants! For me, thats elegant being on vacation! You know what; I don't notice what others are wearing......

Ok, I'm still new to carnival as my cruise on the 18th is only my 2nd. Have not seen shorts in MDR on Royal so can someone please show me some pics of people in shorts in the MDR so I know this is not a practical joke? I am very hot by nature and cruising the Caribbean in August is gonna be a scorcher. So, if I can wear nice shorts and a polo or button down to the MDR and be very comfortable that would be awesome.

We just, yesterday, got off the Imagination 4 day cruise. This is my girls and I on embarkation day and was what we wore to the MDR that night (was the least dressy night for us and many other folks too since some don't get luggage in time):

1012240_10201083226794264_172225266_n.jpg

This is DH and what he wore that night...I tried to get him to buy new tennis shoes for the trip, but he just won't give up these old junkers (DS wore similar):

1091154_10201082163167674_673445164_o.jpg

Even on elegant night I saw shorts, hats, jeans, t-shirts. But all 4 nights had all kinds of shorts, jeans, t-shirts, flip flops, hats...etc...and dressy folks to. The spectrum was/is covered, but it is pretty casual on Carnival.

My dad and I wear shorts to the dining room every night (with the exception for formal night) and that night we will eat dinner in the Buffet. We don't like to dress up so formal nights aren't our thing. We have never been turned away for wearing shorts. We wear what is comfortable

Yes, they are. You're welcome. :)

Unfortunately yes. Along with flip flops, baseball caps, and tank tops.

It is not consistent but I have seen passengers turned away from the MDR for wearing those items and jean shorts. But like I said it is not consistent.

Other than elegant night, my husband wore shorts every night in the MDR. They were nice "golf" shorts. They were several other gentlemen with them on also. Enjoy your cruise!

This is great news...so much easier to pack them and my son prefers shorts to long pants!

Archived