Formal evening themed balls on Cunard ships

Hi,
My husband and I are about to embark on the Queen Victoria for a two week cruise to the Baltic. Looking at the blurb it says that the four formal nights are all themed ie masquerade, black and white, royal ascot and victoriana. I have lots of lovely dresses that I am looking forward to wearing but they don't match the themes and I do not wish to spend more money buying new ones. Does everyone dress up in costume or just a small minority who can afford to hire or buy costumes?

Advice please as I don't want this to spoil my anticipation of a lovely holiday.:confused::eek:

[quote name='Windwhistle']Hi,
My husband and I are about to embark on the Queen Victoria for a two week cruise to the Baltic. Looking at the blurb it says that the four formal nights are all themed ie masquerade, black and white, royal ascot and victoriana. I have lots of lovely dresses that I am looking forward to wearing but they don't match the themes and I do not wish to spend more money buying new ones. Does everyone dress up in costume or just a small minority who can afford to hire or buy costumes?

Advice please as I don't want this to spoil my anticipation of a lovely holiday.:confused::eek:[/quote]

You'll be absolutely fine and don't need to worry. Some dress up in theme but they are the minority. Just relax and have some fun.:)

Archived