Cruise Itinerary vs Time on Island- Please Share thoughts and opinions

traylynn

Hello all- I am back on the boards.

Last night I came across a new cruise itinerary I really love, more so because it offers more stops and longer times on the island. More importantly it arrives to St. Thomas at 7am vs 10am, I would be able to not feel rushed on my wedding day and have a sit down reception. Maybe an island tour or guest will have time on their own.

I am seeking your opinions and thoughts. If you were travelling what would you prefer. NOTE MY GUEST WILL NOT KNOW ABOUT THE WEDDING UNTIL THEY ARRIVE TO MIAMI OR PUERTO RICO. (we have decided on a surprise wedding)

Myself and guest all live in Texas so either way airfare will be at $450 or less I pray. Last time I went to Puerto Rico airfare was 350 round trip.

Option 1-Carnival Conquest

-Depart Miami @4pm

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 9am-5pm

Fun Day at Sea

St. Thomas USVI 10am-6pm

San Juan, Puerto Rico 7am-3:30pm

Grand Turk 11am-5:30pm

Fun Day at Sea

Back to Miami

Option 2 -Carnival Valor

Depart Puerto Rico

St. Thomas 7am-6pm

Barbados 8am-5pm

St. Lucia 8am-5pm

St. Kitts 8am-6pm

St. Maarten 7am-5pm

Back to Puerto Rico

Hi there and congrats! We were married on St Thomas in May and loved it. We did the exact itinerary as Conquest but on the Glory. We had looked at San Juan cruises as well, more stops etc. Big reasons we chose mid cruise St Thomas was the later port time of 10, gave lots of time in the ship salon for hair and get ready other big decider was tje ship leaving san juan 10 pm and arriving at 7 am next morning. Out of our group we only had 3 of us who had sailed before and we figured night one would be a late one partying lol We went wirh the dea day before giving lots if time to be rested. Most of all do what makes you happy the most. How many are you planning to "surprise"?

• 2 weeks later...

A surprise wedding! Wow! How are you getting people to go? Just to have a fun vacation together?

I don't know how many people will have cruised before, but having a chance to see more places might interest them.

I have been to all those Islands several times and think the stops on the second cruise are more diverse (sp?) and interesting.

Grand Turk is not a pretty or interesting. The best thing is the Jimmy Buffet place by the cruise pier.

We went horse back riding in the surf and got to see a lot of the Island

on the way to the stable. Not an attractive place at all. I feel sorry for the people that live their.

Getting married in St. Thomas should be a wonderful experience! Hope it all goes like you plan!

Tropicqueen;)

Hi Tropic Queen- I created a "Fake Friends/Family Reunion webpage. Sent an email to all our friends to come "Rock the Boat" with us. I believe most of our guest will be 1st time cruisers.

I am pretty excited about St. Thomas.

I am planning a few activities for the folks, I am starting super earlier.

Thanks for the response.

A surprise wedding! Wow! How are you getting people to go? Just to have a fun vacation together?

I don't know how many people will have cruised before, but having a chance to see more places might interest them.

I have been to all those Islands several times and think the stops on the second cruise are more diverse (sp?) and interesting.

Grand Turk is not a pretty or interesting. The best thing is the Jimmy Buffet place by the cruise pier.

We went horse back riding in the surf and got to see a lot of the Island

on the way to the stable. Not an attractive place at all. I feel sorry for the people that live their.

Getting married in St. Thomas should be a wonderful experience! Hope it all goes like you plan!

Tropicqueen;)

:o Hey Traylynn,

That sounds like a good plan! We are planning a vow renewal in 2015

somwhere. Maybe St. Thomas, as the beaches are beautiful!

I found from other sources in addition to CC, someone that only

charges $150 to do weddings & Vow Renewals. He has very good recommendations.

Hotels and other places at cruise stops want way too much money.

It is different for you'all as you will need offical documentation!

At Grand Turk a hotel wants $500 to just set up an arbor and a few chairs. Really? I don't think so. I would rather go back and have the reception on the ship. Carnival has a good value reception that sound nice! Just have to work out which cruise.

Tropicqueen

Archived