Doing a tour of the Grandeur

A travel agent friend of mine organized a tour of the Grandeur of the Seas while it's in port in Baltimore. The cost is $25 and that includes the tour, lunch, gratuities, etc. The best part is that we can book a cruise (for just $100 deposit) or buy up to 3 Next Cruise certificates during the tour. So we get the same benefits as if we were sailing. I'm very excited about this.

Anyway, please post any questions you'd like me to ask or look out for and I'll come back and try to be as detailed as possible as to the what I see and hear.

Don't have any specific questions, but I think this is a great opportunity.

Interested to know what you get for lunch, i.e. just the Windjammer, or lunch in the MDR (yes I know it is closed to guests).

A few years back we were boarding a Princess ship, and our noncruising SIL was able to come on with a similar program and it was great. Lunch in the MDR with wine was included!

Don't have any specific questions, but I think this is a great opportunity.

Interested to know what you get for lunch, i.e. just the Windjammer, or lunch in the MDR (yes I know it is closed to guests).

A few years back we were boarding a Princess ship, and our noncruising SIL was able to come on with a similar program and it was great. Lunch in the MDR with wine was included!

I'm not really sure about the lunch. I figured it'd be the windjammer though. I'm excited to see the behind the scenes stuff. I've always wanted to do that tour while sailing but just haven't yet. This is a great way to do it for way cheaper...lol.

I did this several years ago (possibly 6 or more) when they first opened the new Port in Baltimore. Our local AAA office sponsored the trip and bus from Pittsburgh. I took a girlfriend who would never go on a cruise, so she could see what it was like (still can't get her to go....)

We had a really nice lunch in the dining room - you will enjoy this!

I'm not really sure about the lunch. I figured it'd be the windjammer though. I'm excited to see the behind the scenes stuff. I've always wanted to do that tour while sailing but just haven't yet. This is a great way to do it for way cheaper...lol.

may have the opportunity to try Park Cafe as well as that is open upon embarkation.

try the parma ham and brie panini..yummy

When is the tour and can more people join in?

This sounds like something I'd like to plan for a group.

We're going Sept. 27. It was only open to 25 people but it sounds like this is something that anyone (or maybe just travel agents) can plan. It's through a meet up group I'm in. I'll ask the organizer who to contact to do one but there maybe something on the site about group tours.

A travel agent friend of mine organized a tour of the Grandeur of the Seas while it's in port in Baltimore. The cost is $25 and that includes the tour, lunch, gratuities, etc. The best part is that we can book a cruise (for just $100 deposit) or buy up to 3 Next Cruise certificates during the tour. So we get the same benefits as if we were sailing. I'm very excited about this.

Anyway, please post any questions you'd like me to ask or look out for and I'll come back and try to be as detailed as possible as to the what I see and hear.

This sounds great! We just got off the Grandeur from the July 26 sailing but I do have a question--what are the Grand Suites like? If you get to see one, please post details. We would have 4 people (us and our kids--one who will be 16, and one who will be 20), and I'm curious to know if it would be pull-down bunks or what. If you get a chance to take pics, even better! I know there is a video online but it doesn't show me what I want to see. Also--it looks as if they are right below the Windjammer--so we're wondering how loud it'll be. (We were in a cabin once where all we heard were those carts rolling across the WJ floor above us.) Thanks!

This sounds great! We just got off the Grandeur from the July 26 sailing but I do have a question--what are the Grand Suites like? If you get to see one, please post details. We would have 4 people (us and our kids--one who will be 16, and one who will be 20), and I'm curious to know if it would be pull-down bunks or what. If you get a chance to take pics, even better! I know there is a video online but it doesn't show me what I want to see. Also--it looks as if they are right below the Windjammer--so we're wondering how loud it'll be. (We were in a cabin once where all we heard were those carts rolling across the WJ floor above us.) Thanks!

The Grand suites are the "royal king" that can separate into 2 twins and a softbed. There is a curtain that can be pulled across the bed area for a little privacy from the sofabed. They have a large bathroom with a tub/shower combo. I have sailed Grands on the GR 4 years ago and on the EN. We have grand this coming Friday on the GR. I have tons of GS picyures and will take some of our suite this weekend.

They are below the WJ and in the past have heard a few carts rolling early in the am but the carts and chairs on the Solarium tile was worse (we have twice had JS near the aft).

Archived