Carnival Freedom July 27-August 4: Southern Caribbean Review with LOTS of Pictures!

amdmsk

Once we got on board and had lunch, we went walking around and exploring the ship until it was time to set sail and get ready for dinner. It was raining most of the afternoon, so we didn't get to walk around outside as much as we wanted, so we had to save some of that for the upcoming days at sea. We pretty much went to every lounge and public area of the ship and took photos in each area so if there is something you want to see, but I don't post it, just ask!

Here are some pictures from our ship explorations:

Looking around the Lido deck

082.jpg

Main show lounge:

088.jpg

Lobby:

090.jpg

092.jpg

Chic Dining Room:

094.jpg

Habana bar:

098.jpg

And a few more...

The Oasis of the Seas sailed away before us:

151.jpg

Looking up from the lobby:

161.jpg

On this cruise, we heard that during embarkation, there was some kind of computer system problem and it caused a backup in getting people on board the ship. We were on very early and so it did not affect us at all, but I heard that boarding was very slow because the computers were not working right. As a result, many people were still boarding the ship in the afternoon and also as a result, sailaway was delayed.

We finished roaming the ship and then returned to our rooms to get ready for dinner and wait for the safety briefing. The safety briefing did not take place until about 5:00 or so, which is when we were supposed to sail away, which I think is because people were still boarding. However, the safety briefing took place around 5:00 and lasted for maybe 15-20 minutes. After that, we went to dinner in the dining room. We had early seating at a table for four in the Chic Dining Room. Our wait staff team was very attentive and efficient and provided consistently good service throughout the cruise. We did not get to talk to them much because they were always busy, but the service was good so I can't complain. We sailed away at some point while we were at dinner, I would guess around 6:30. By the time we left dinner, we were a good distance away from Fort Lauderdale though you could still see the city from a distance. The late sailaway did not affect our arrival in Aruba at all, which was good.

After dinner, we just walked around a while, checked out the movie on the big screen, took some pictures, and went to the welcome aboard show even though we have seen the show so many times in the past. We go to the show as a beginning of a cruise tradition that to actually see the show lol! After the show, we called it a night, as I was planning to get up early to watch the sunrise on our first day at sea!

I really like your review! Nice variety of big, good quality pictures! I even like the picture of the Delta gate! I will be flying on Delta out of Detroit on my first cruise on Freedom next Jan. This will be my first cruise that was not out of Miami.

001.jpg

014.jpg?t=1376317685

I went on this itinerary on the Freedom last year and loved it! We are sailing on the Freedom again but different itinerary(St Thomas, Nassau, Tortola and Antigua). I leave in 26 days!

Kim

I hope you post a picture laden review was well when you return.:)

I will be booking her shortly and I can't get enough of these reviews when I am about to sail on a ship.:D

• 1 month later...

Archived