Tequila choices

calisilent

Thank you! Good memory! It looks like you are very loyal to Princess!

I see it offers one of the worst tequilas made. Guess we can't have everything as it doesn't show some of the better ones either.

That's not a Good Memory, it's an iPhone photo of the bar menu :eek:

Ha ha! Glad to know other people take photos of menus, as I do that as well! Thankyou Tequillasunrise, Patron is a big hit! Curious to know Treven which one on the list you think is the worst? We are not fans of Cuervo.

DH likes his tequilla straight, but alas, for me, the ocean breezes, the view of the ship's wake and days off work can make ANY margarita a delight!

Ha ha! Glad to know other people take photos of menus, as I do that as well! Thankyou Tequillasunrise, Patron is a big hit! Curious to know Treven which one on the list you think is the worst? We are not fans of Cuervo.

DH likes his tequilla straight, but alas, for me, the ocean breezes, the view of the ship's wake and days off work can make ANY margarita a delight!

Quervo Gold is probably the worst; there's a good reason that tequila is not found in Mexico - it's that bad. Admittedly I've not had the Quervo 1800, so I can't comment on that one. I do like Patron, and would like to have seen Tres Generaciones available, but we can't have everything we want can we.

From my photographed bar menu (Coral Princess 2/13)

Cazadores reposado 6.95

cuervo 1800 6.95

cuervo gold 5.50

don Julio blanco 6.95

don Julio reposado 7.96

house tequila 5.00

milagro silver 7.25

signature margaritas 7.95

el major(don Julio blanco, Cointreau, oj, margarita mix)

three citrus (cazadores, triple sec, Chambord, orange and grapefruit mix, margarita mix)

strawberry (cuervo gold, triple sec, strawberry mix)

24kgold (1800 tequila, Cointreau, grand marnier, margarita mix)

melon (cazadores, melon liquer. margarita mix)

mango (cazadores, triple sec, mango nectar, margarita mix)

Tequila classics (assuming house tequila) 5.50 including texas tea, margarita, tequila sour, bloody maria, tequila sunrise, paralyser

Quervo Gold is probably the worst; there's a good reason that tequila is not found in Mexico - it's that bad. Admittedly I've not had the Quervo 1800, so I can't comment on that one. I do like Patron, and would like to have seen Tres Generaciones available, but we can't have everything we want can we.

Mexico produces some Tequilas that are only available in the US.

At the same time they also produce some Tequilas that are only available in Mexico.

Cuervo Gold is definately sold in Mexico as Tequila oro Jose Cuervo Especial and it is not for exportation. But I will agree with you, it is not good sipping Tequila.

23380.pngjose_cuervo-2330-199x300.jpg

jose_cuervo_tequila.jpg

Mexico produces some Tequilas that are only available in the US.

At the same time they also produce some Tequilas that are only available in Mexico.

Cuervo Gold is definately sold in Mexico as Tequila oro Jose Cuervo Especial and it is not for exportation. But I will agree with you, it is not good sipping Tequila.

23380.pngjose_cuervo-2330-199x300.jpg

jose_cuervo_tequila.jpg

These are not "real" tequila. They are blended products. "Real" tequila will have either "100% Blue Agave" or "100% Agave" on the label. Note, these labels only indicate that there is some blue agave in it.

These are not "real" tequila. They are blended products. "Real" tequila will have either "100% Blue Agave" or "100% Agave" on the label. Note, these labels only indicate that there is some blue agave in it.

Perhaps that's why they don't taste all that good; definately not the sippin' kind. Maybe that's why shooters with the lick of salt & bite of lime wedge was invented; so you wouldn't taste the tequila. Now Patron or Tres Generaciones is good sippin'.

It is like saying at a 12 year old Chivas Regal is not a real scotch because it is a blend rather than from a single malt production.

Just like scotch, cognac, champagne, tequila needs to be from a certain region in Jalisco and neighboring states in order to be able to be called tequila.

By Mexican law, a tequila is a tequila if only if, and only if Blue Weber is used (no less than 60%) and that Blue Weber was grown in one of five states in Mexico designated as tequila producing states.

Some tequilas are good for sipping while others are only good in mixed drinks.

It is like saying at a 12 year old Chivas Regal is not a real scotch because it is a blend rather than from a single malt production.

Just like scotch, cognac, champagne, tequila needs to be from a certain region in Jalisco and neighboring states in order to be able to be called tequila.

By Mexican law, a tequila is a tequila if only if, and only if Blue Weber is used (no less than 60%) and that Blue Weber was grown in one of five states in Mexico designated as tequila producing states.

Some tequilas are good for sipping while others are only good in mixed drinks.

OK, you go ahead and drink your Jose Cuervo Gold.

It’s real tequila cut with grain alcohol with food coloring added to make it look like is aged in a cask.

Swill is swill even if it does meet some sort of legal definition. This swill is why so many people get so hung over when it is used in mixed drinks.

OK, you go ahead and drink your Jose Cuervo Gold.

It’s real tequila cut with grain alcohol with food coloring added to make it look like is aged in a cask.

Swill is swill even if it does meet some sort of legal definition. This swill is why so many people get so hung over when it is used in mixed drinks.

You are correct, this is cheap tequila that many slam down to get drunk. But it is still Tequila.

For the record, some of the tequilas I enjoy are Herradura, Patron, Don Julio, Corralejo, Cazadores, El Jimador.

Although I prefer Scotch on the rocks.

Archived