Reservations on the Dawn

Mschif78

we want to get the specialty rest deal online, 3 for 57, but its asking me to put in the times and dates. What they have in the MDR will determine which nights we want to eat at special rest's...is it going to be a big deal to change once on if we get the deal now?

Also as far as MDR and freestyle...we are going to want a table for 2 and Ive heard nightmares about waiting. We usually eat about 8pm. Can we call for reservations in MDR and how are they about reservations?

Thanks

we want to get the specialty rest deal online, 3 for 57, but its asking me to put in the times and dates. What they have in the MDR will determine which nights we want to eat at special rest's...is it going to be a big deal to change once on if we get the deal now?

Also as far as MDR and freestyle...we are going to want a table for 2 and Ive heard nightmares about waiting. We usually eat about 8pm. Can we call for reservations in MDR and how are they about reservations?

Thanks

The MDRs generally dont take reservations unless you have a large group. We usually eat around 6 and have rarely had to wait for a table for 2, or if we do, they give a pager and we walk around for about 20 mins. Its never been more.

At 8pm you should have no problems at all getting in. The MDRs usually close to new guests around 9 or 9:30.

If you dont mind sharing a table, they will seat you pretty much immediately.

As far as specialty reservations go, you can change them on the ship. From what Ive seen, except for the teppanyaki restaurant, you can get a reservation, or at least get seated. They always seem not full, even if the board says they are booked. I think people make reservations and skip out a lot.

The busiest times for all restaurants is on at sea days. On port days people are tired and spread out their eating times more throughout the day.

Thanks

You have hit on the big reason we NEVER make reservations in advance. Where and what we eat is dependent on:

- my mood

- her mood

- others mood

- what took place that day - ashore, on ship, weather, etc.

- what is on the MDR menu

Way too many things to make a decision in advance.

You have hit on the big reason we NEVER make reservations in advance. Where and what we eat is dependent on:

- my mood

- her mood

- others mood

- what took place that day - ashore, on ship, weather, etc.

- what is on the MDR menu

Way too many things to make a decision in advance.

LOL. I think thats what we base our decisions on too! Honestly, thats why we love NCL.

Archived