Royal Promenade.

sc1349

I've only been on one cruise, Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the seas, I thought the royal promenade was amazing, what do other cruise lines have if anything thats similar.

No other mass market cruise line has anything similar to the Royal Promenade. There is a cruise/ferry company in Europe with a similar design, but you wont find it on any of the other big names. It's limited to RCI's Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis Class ships. It's not certain yet how it will be designed on the new Quantum Class.

You're right. It's a pretty amazing design. I'll never forget the wow factor the first time I saw it.

So on other ships/companies, what do they have, or is it corridors everywhere.

Most have a central atrium that range from a couple stories, to 7 or 8 decks tall, usually around the main bank of elevators or a central stairway. It serves as the central meeting place with most of the public spaces branching off on the different decks.

To compare it to Navigator, they are similar to the ends of the Promenade where you could see all the way up.

Archived