FTTF for Carnival Sunshine?

Cruiser-66

I'm wondering what the chance is that the Carnival Sunshine will offer FTTF? We are sailing out of New Orleans on Nov. 18th. The port of NO is offering it now on the two ships presently sailing there. I called Carnival and they don't seem to know. Can anyone tell me from experience how soon you were able to book it and how you find out when it's available?

Usually I wouldn't even book this, but I have a tour that I want to take in Grand Cayman which is a tender port and I only have 1 hour to get off and meet up with the tour guide. I thought this would increase my chances of making it!

pkbryant----This is really strange! I feel that I've looked very closely and can't find anything. I called Carnival and they can't find anything either and told me it might be offered later. If you for sure have it in December then I'm afraid that makes no sense at all! I did pull up excursions for New Orleans and it showed nothing.

I believe John Heald said they would start selling it about 2 months before they started sailing out of Port of NO. Granted, this was a couple of months ago he said this on his FB or Blog. But that should put September or so when it goes on sale.

I'm also on the Nov18 cruise & I honestly think FTTF will not be offered for this cruise. It's an inaugural cruise for New Orleans which puts more than normal platinum and diamond guest on board. I know quite a few already have been invited for the Nov17 inaugural celebrations.

Sent using the Cruise Critic app

I'm also on the Nov18 cruise & I honestly think FTTF will not be offered for this cruise. It's an inaugural cruise for New Orleans which puts more than normal platinum and diamond guest on board. I know quite a few already have been invited for the Nov17 inaugural celebrations.

That sounds about right. Hawaii, same thing, apparently.

Can you tell us how many folks you know have been invited to the naming ceremony? We are booked on the Nov. 18th cruise to again see CD Noonan and his wife Gemma. This will be our 53rd Carnival cruise and we will have over 350 days sailed with them at that time. We also know John Heald pretty well. On the cruise before BC6, we did back to back, he and Calvyn saw us sitting at a table playing trivia and they came and sat with us for a while. We thought we might get an invite but have heard nothing.

I really need to get this! Where exactly do you look? I need details as I've never booked this before.

Go to the manage your cruise and look under the excrusions listed for New Orleans. It will be listed their if there are any left for purchase. Each cruise limits the number do to the number of platinum and diamond members that may be on the cruise. good luck.:cool:

After speaking to other veteran cruisers, it is apparent that gregg204 does not know quite a few who have been invited. Because the only invites to Carnival cruisers will be to people who have booked both the TA cruise to New Orleans and the inaugural US cruise on 11/18.

After speaking to other veteran cruisers, it is apparent that gregg204 does not know quite a few who have been invited. Because the only invites to Carnival cruisers will be to people who have booked both the TA cruise to New Orleans and the inaugural US cruise on 11/18.

I guess I should have been more clear when I said quite a few. That does include TA passengers. But"other veteran cruisers" are wrong. I know a diamond couple that will only be on the New Orleans portion of cruise that have been invited to the pre celebration.

I guess I should have been more clear when I said quite a few. That does include TA passengers. But"other veteran cruisers" are wrong. I know a diamond couple that will only be on the New Orleans portion of cruise that have been invited to the pre celebration.

Linda Powell (LHP) and hubby are diamond have cruised on all the Carnival ships and have been on 4 U.S. Carnival inaugural cruises and will be on this one too. They well known at Carnival partly because of her son's medical needs. She told us that only B2B cruisers are invited and they have not been asked to any celebrations and don't expect to be asked to this one.

Archived