Adding a passenger -- Easy Saver rate

wxguyinms

I'm booked to sail solo in a 1A cabin under an Easy Saver rate. Final payment date has past. Can anyone tell me whether I'd be able to add a passenger to my booking since I've already paid for a double occupancy room (minus taxes and port fees, which I assume I'd need to pay)? I can call Carnival to find out for sure but thought someone here who's faced this situation before might be able to give me an answer. Thanks!

Yes, you should be able to add a passenger to your cabin provided that there are currently no occupancy restrictions for your sailing (generally happens during the summer and during holidays when people book cabins to max capacities 3/4 guests vs. just 2)

You'd call Carnival/your TA and add the 2nd guest - him/her would pay the current rate for a 1A at the best promo available to you - Easy Saver, Past Guest. Resident, Military, Sale, etc. Or if 1A's are sold out, the last rate it sold for (a supervisor will need to look it up). In addition, the guest will pay their portion of taxes and port charges.

Hope that helps.

It would seem that ever since they changed solo 1As from 150% to 200% (paying for 2 instead of just 1.5), if you add a 2nd person, all that gets added is the gov't taxes & fees for that 2nd person. Since 2 cruise fares have already been paid, they don't look up what the current rate is for that category. So if rates are higher now than what you paid, I don't think you have to pay the difference. I could be wrong, but people have said that's how it works.

Archived