Breakfast Room Service/Door Hanger Menu

4hunters

I was curious if, instead of filling out the door hanger breakfast menu the night before, I can call when I'm ready in the morning and order from that menu (versus the normal room service menu). Has anyone ever successfully done this? Thanks

Have not tried this myself and probably would not want to. When using the door hanger, they are almost always on time, if not early, for your specified delivery time. Calling in an order the morning of could take quite a bit of time to get delivered to you.

I was curious if, instead of filling out the door hanger breakfast menu the night before, I can call when I'm ready in the morning and order from that menu (versus the normal room service menu). Has anyone ever successfully done this? Thanks

Absolutely. I never know how late I might want to sleep, so as soon as I wake up, I call room service. They give themselves 30 minutes (that's what they tell you), but I've received my tray within 10 minutes on some mornings.

Absolutely. I never know how late I might want to sleep, so as soon as I wake up, I call room service. They give themselves 30 minutes (that's what they tell you), but I've received my tray within 10 minutes on some mornings.

Glad to hear this! I'm just like you in that I don't want to be on a schedule as to when I wake up on vacation and I like the items available on the door hanger menu for breakfast versus the normal room service menu.

Glad to hear this! I'm just like you in that I don't want to be on a schedule as to when I wake up on vacation and I like the items available on the door hanger menu for breakfast versus the normal room service menu.

That's exactly how I feel. The only downside is if they are really busy and it takes a while to receive your order. That has never happened to me, but I'm sure it could.

I always call when I wake up and very rarely have had to wait longer than 10 minutes or so.

I hope you're right. But I'm okay even if they are busy and come late. It's certainly better than having to decide night before when I need to wake up to answer the door. :D

Good to know! I can't do lukewarm coffee or tea and don't want to commit to a wake-up time for breakfast. And god forbid I walk and get my own coffee. ;)

I typically use the room service breakfast only on port days - so it is super convenient to fill it out and hang it on the door the night before - I know how long I need to get ready and that breakfast is on the way so I can prepare for a specified 'tour time'... - no need to fight crowds in the buffet areas all trying to eat and get off the ship at the same time!

On sea days I agree that I can't 'predict' when I will wake up and want to eat so just play it by ear.....

Regardless of how you do it, I can truthfully say that having my coffee delivered on a tray, along with fruit and whatever else, is one of my favorite things on a cruise! I only wish I had that option every day! If I ever win at Powerball...

Archived