Need a quick opinion -- Liberty Vs. Glory

jennknee

OK, opinions welcome...here's the situation:

My group of friends and I went on a 6 day cruise this last January on the Breeze. We LOVED the ship so much...all the new stuff was so great, liked the layout, etc, etc. OF COURSE by February we were already talking about going back on the Breeze this fall/winter. We have our dates narrowed down to a week in November and with our sites set on the Breeze. Prices were higher than an average similar cruise and we've been well aware of that, but now a couple of the travelers were bringing up that the Liberty and Glory were going the same week, both with interesting port options, for nearly half the price.

While I feel mentally stuck on the Breeze, it would be much better financially to do the Liberty or Glory. This is where you come in...what are your thoughts on those two ships? Compared to each other? Compared to Breeze?

As for what we are generally into, one of our favorite parts of the Breeze was the serenity deck/water slides. Ports for Liberty are St Thomas, PR, Half Moon, Grand Turk (all repeats for me but I did love them all and Grand Turk could be a beach day we we are all huge fans of) and Ports for Glory are Coz, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman (B and R would be new for me and I've only done Grand Cayman once). We are very much "Do It Yourself-ers" when it comes to ports/excursions. We enjoy beaches and exploring but might also be interested in something more adventurey.

Or do I just tell them they're crazy and I can't survive if it is not the Breeze? :)

(I've never done a balcony, but I feel like, having been on the Breeze last, it like everyone says about balcony cabins - once you do it you can't go back)

Opinions, please!

I would choose a balcony room on the Liberty or Glory over the Breeze. We did love our southern Caribbean cruise on the Breeze this past May. We were fortunate that the rates went down and we were able to upgrade to a balcony-my first. I loved the balcony room. If you can save 50% by going on one of the others, I would choose the Glory because it is western Caribbean. We really like Roatan, Belize and Cozumel! Read the member reviews of the Liberty and the Glory on this site. The reviews of the Glory were good but seemed to be better reviews of the Liberty. I don't always go by the reviews though because some people are hard to please. I read some bad reviews of the Breeze before we sailed but we did not have any problems. We just didn't care for the new décor. I think all the ships have the serenity deck and water slides now. We have been on the Liberty before and really liked the ship--I just like the itinerary better on the Glory. We also like the décor better on the Liberty than the Breeze. I think you would be happy with a balcony room on the Liberty or Glory. We chose a balcony room one deck below the Lido but if you can get a spa balcony room that would be the best! Hope this helps!

OK, opinions welcome...here's the situation:

My group of friends and I went on a 6 day cruise this last January on the Breeze. We LOVED the ship so much...all the new stuff was so great, liked the layout, etc, etc. OF COURSE by February we were already talking about going back on the Breeze this fall/winter. We have our dates narrowed down to a week in November and with our sites set on the Breeze. Prices were higher than an average similar cruise and we've been well aware of that, but now a couple of the travelers were bringing up that the Liberty and Glory were going the same week, both with interesting port options, for nearly half the price.

While I feel mentally stuck on the Breeze, it would be much better financially to do the Liberty or Glory. This is where you come in...what are your thoughts on those two ships? Compared to each other? Compared to Breeze?

As for what we are generally into, one of our favorite parts of the Breeze was the serenity deck/water slides. Ports for Liberty are St Thomas, PR, Half Moon, Grand Turk (all repeats for me but I did love them all and Grand Turk could be a beach day we we are all huge fans of) and Ports for Glory are Coz, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman (B and R would be new for me and I've only done Grand Cayman once). We are very much "Do It Yourself-ers" when it comes to ports/excursions. We enjoy beaches and exploring but might also be interested in something more adventurey.

Or do I just tell them they're crazy and I can't survive if it is not the Breeze? :)

(I've never done a balcony, but I feel like, having been on the Breeze last, it like everyone says about balcony cabins - once you do it you can't go back)

Opinions, please!

I have been on all 3 of these ships during the past two years. I would say the Breeze was my favorite. Given the other two ships, I think I liked them equally. Even though I liked the Breeze the best, I would definitely book one of the other two ships over the Breeze if the price difference is huge. I think I may have paid $400 or $500 more for the Breeze last year but that was for 8 days vs. 7 days. I had never been to Belize before and after a one day trip on the Liberty last winter, we have a 2 1/2 week trip booked to Caye Caulker (an island off the coast of the Belize). I think I would choose one of the cheaper cruises and base it on which itinerary you like best.

sailed'glory and liberty. sailing on glory again on monday. does liberty have mongolian grill? both are sister ships. different decor but glory has a scenic ocean view 9200 awesome cabin. glory has the hot tub located in the gym. its really a hot tub unlike the ones located out byt the pool deck which are full of'kids.

I have sailed on both ships -- and preferred the Liberty -- but it may have been the ports that made the different. In our case we did the Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize).

We did the Eastern on the Glory and it just was not as fun. So I would go Western!

Archived