Cruise Port to SJU - 10:50a Flight Time ok?

dkny330

Just got notice from American that they changed our flight from 11:50am to 10:50am on the day we get back from our cruise. I was very comfortable with 11:50am, but is 10:50am pushing it? Will be on Celebrity and we can carry our own bags off, but have never cruised from San Juan so unsure as to the time needed. Thanks

The last time I flew out of San Juan, we were at the gate by 9 am. We did self-debark at around 7am- as soon as they allowed us to leave the ship, went right thru customs, grabbed a quick cab to the airport, and checked our bags, went thru the ag inspection, and security in very short order.

Granted, everything went seamlessly. I think the key is no dawdling- because the lines grow rapidly as the morning progresses.

I'd prefer a noon flight, but I have taken that exact flight without a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just looking at "cruisett" website for port schedules including SJ, and as I recall, whenever Celebrity Summit was listed, there was also another ship (RC Jewel) I think....

Also check AA schedules and CALL AA to see if they can put you on a later flight!! When they moved you 1 hr earlier, that makes it tricky. If this situation happened to me, I would be more comfortable being put on an afternoon flight -- it would be at no charge to you since they moved you to an hour earlier....

Archived