Booking Questions: Pearl, 11 night S. Carb.

Lovefuninthesun

DH and I are looking at an 11-night Southern Caribbean for October 2014, for our 40th anniversary. Although we have cruised several times, this would be our first on NCL. This is also my first experience using a TA, and I have a couple of questions:

1. Want to take advantage of a current "no deposit" promotion. However, since the deposit for the two of us for this cruise would be over the $500 limit, the only way is to do this is to book as a single, and then add DH later, paying the difference in deposit, taxes, etc at that time. Anybody ever succcesfully do this?

2. I am considering a BD balcony, which I understand is a guarantee, to be assigned later. Anybody with experience doing this? Were you happy with your assignement?

Thanks so much in advance for your kind assistance!:)

You have to be careful booking a single. If you wait too long and it is a popular cruise you may not be able to add due to ship capacity. Not likely but could happen. Cruises only does no dep req but charges a small booking fee.

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DH and I are looking at an 11-night Southern Caribbean for October 2014, for our 40th anniversary. Although we have cruised several times, this would be our first on NCL. This is also my first experience using a TA, and I have a couple of questions:

1. Want to take advantage of a current "no deposit" promotion. However, since the deposit for the two of us for this cruise would be over the $500 limit, the only way is to do this is to book as a single, and then add DH later, paying the difference in deposit, taxes, etc at that time. Anybody ever succcesfully do this?

2. I am considering a BD balcony, which I understand is a guarantee, to be assigned later. Anybody with experience doing this? Were you happy with your assignement?

Thanks so much in advance for your kind assistance!:)

guarantee

As an answer to number 2 - The BD cabins are not guarantees. If it only offers a guarantee when selecting the category then it means all of the cabins are currently booked. Keep in mind the BD cabins are all deck 8 balconies that are hulled balconies. I currently have one booked for the Pearl 11 nighter in 1/2015 :)

guarantee

As an answer to number 2 - The BD cabins are not guarantees. If it only offers a guarantee when selecting the category then it means all of the cabins are currently booked. Keep in mind the BD cabins are all deck 8 balconies that are hulled balconies. I currently have one booked for the Pearl 11 nighter in 1/2015 :)

Thanks, Twelvevman!

Archived