silhouette Eastern Med

levi2

Venice - stunning and it is wonderful you get an overnight at the end - the sail out is stunning down the grand canal

Slovenia - a short walk into town or a free mini train that drives round an industrial estate and eventually deposits you at the other end of town. A trip to lake bled is recommended - it's like being in switzerland at the lake

Split - tender port - sea front of cafes and bars, winding streets, a big local market and ruins all in walking distance

Kotor - another walled city with a short walk from the tender - sail in through the only fjord in the med

Dubrovnik - walled city, walk round the walls

Corfu - mixed, a place lots of british take a holiday

katakolon - sorry cannot remember but I have been - must not have thrilled me then

Valetta - local bus costs hardly anything to the top, walk through the middle to the fort and walk round the edge - again a nice sail out and people come to see you off

Catania - great trip round sicilly, taormina up in the hills worth a visita nd if weather good it goes up Mt Etna volcano too

Ravenna - the place that lasagna was invented - needs a bus in and a lovely place to wander - lots of shops

hope that helps

We have done a number of Eastern Mediterranean cruises, booked another one on the Silhouette for October 2014, RT Rome, visiting Italy, Turkey, Israel, Egypt.

All port amazing... that is why we keep going back.

Venice - stunning and it is wonderful you get an overnight at the end - the sail out is stunning down the grand canal

I am sure you did not mean to say ...sail out down the grand canal, if only!

You actual sail in and out of Venice via the Giudecca Canal between the main Island of Venice and Giudecca Island. I agree it is a stunning view especially from high up on the top deck.

I am sure you did not mean to say ...sail out down the grand canal, if only!

You actual sail in and out of Venice via the Giudecca Canal between the main Island of Venice and Giudecca Island. I agree it is a stunning view especially from high up on the top deck.

Glad you are around to put me straight - yes I wish but you know what I mean - a fabulous sail out on water with a name that begins with G - lol :D

Archived