Bags program on Breakaway?

oceanseagle12

I don't know if this will be helpful but the current FAQ's on the NCL only lists Miami and Seattle still as the two ports that have that program.

Having read just about every Breakaway review so far I haven't heard mention of the BAGS program being used.

If you don't get an answer here I'm sure a quick call to NCL would clear it up.

Cheers.

Have you sailed the Breakaway? I knew it has not been available in the past, but was trying to confirm whether that changed for the Breakaway. There has been some suggestion that it would be offered for the Breakaway. See this thread for an example: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1801263

I get the impression you really want to believe the program is available. Still it is best to take that old thread with a huge grain of salt; in that old thread somebody spoke to some unknown shore-side customer service agent (who may or may not have understood the question) and likely gave the incorrect answer.

I have read a lot of BA threads, and I have yet to see somebody report that the Bags program is offered. I will watch for the program while we are aboard next week; DH will be pleasantly surprised if it is offered. Perhaps the NYC airports do not wish to participate. Or maybe security concerns do not allow them to participate.

I get the impression you really want to believe the program is available.

No, I'm hoping it is. I have no interest in believing it is available if it is not available as that will not help me in my plans for the day we return to NYC. We have a late afternoon flight and are planning to use the time to do something in the city. My last post was merely asking for clarification, because the poster only communicated what has generally been true in the past, and did not indicate whether she had been on the Breakaway. I figured with all the people who have sailed the BA, someone would comment one way or the other.

Have a great cruise! Looking forward to anything you have to report when you return- about this program, or anything else.

No, I'm hoping it is. I have no interest in believing it is available if it is not available as that will not help me in my plans for the day we return to NYC. We have a late afternoon flight and are planning to use the time to do something in the city. My last post was merely asking for clarification, because the poster only communicated what has generally been true in the past, and did not indicate whether she had been on the Breakaway. I figured with all the people who have sailed the BA, someone would comment one way or the other.

Have a great cruise! Looking forward to anything you have to report when you return- about this program, or anything else.

Thanks, for the happy thoughts; we plan to have a great cruise. I am looking forward to seeing the new ship. My DH really likes that Bags program, so old eagle eyes will spot it if it is offered next week.

I have not used them yet, but people mention luggage storage at Schwartz travel and storage. If BA is not offering Bags program, maybe that will work for you. Or maybe the porters at one of the hotels would hold your bags, especially if you are a member of their loyalty program. It would be a shame to be stuck with bags when you have time to tour.

• 2 weeks later...

It was not offered on Breakaway in this month either.

DH loves the program, so he even asked at the desk. He was told it was not possible in New York.

I hope you find another way the manage your luggage so you can tour after your cruise, oceanseagle.

It is not the ship that determines the availability of the BAGS program but the airport or port.

At the current time it is only being offered in Miami and Seattle.

Too bad since we really liked that service when we used it.

It is not the ship that determines the availability of the BAGS program but the airport or port.

At the current time it is only being offered in Miami and Seattle.

Too bad since we really liked that service when we used it.

And Tampa.

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

Archived