Thanks CC for a wonderful Carnival Magic Cruise!

YadaYadaJodi

Hello! We just went on the Carnival Magic for the August 4th - 11th cruise to Roatan Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel.

We had a fantastic time, do in a large part to all the helpful people here at Cruise Critic! I just wanted to say THANK YOU!! :D

One of the best tips was the smallest thing - how to turn on and keep on the lights in our cabin! Not sure how long it would have taken me to figure that out! LOL

If anyone out there has any Carnival Magic questions, I would be more than happy to return the favors we received here at CC. Ask away!

Our trip last week wasn't perfect, but we had a wonderful time, and I'd say overall one of our better cruises. I hate to hear some of the not-so-good stories coming from our cruise. I love the Magic and so many of the people who work on her right now. :(

One thing I noticed in our cabin - but not in a cabin a ways down the hall. On our balcony and cabin door, the mechanism that closes the doors looked brand-new - our doors didn't slam, and neither did any doors anywhere near us that we could hear from the cabin. It was just wonderful not having to deal with slamming balcony and cabin doors all week!

We were in 2321, between the forward and mid-ship elevators. I did hear slamming cabin doors near the forward elevators, but in our area, there were none. Sure hope this makes it's way to all cabin doors across the fleet!

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello! We just went on the Carnival Magic for the August 4th - 11th cruise to Roatan Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel.

We had a fantastic time, do in a large part to all the helpful people here at Cruise Critic! I just wanted to say THANK YOU!! :D

One of the best tips was the smallest thing - how to turn on and keep on the lights in our cabin! Not sure how long it would have taken me to figure that out! LOL

If anyone out there has any Carnival Magic questions, I would be more than happy to return the favors we received here at CC. Ask away!

Explain please......will be on the Magic in a couple of weeks

Explain please......will be on the Magic in a couple of weeks

You leave your room key card in a slot near the door. We bring an old store card to use. As long as it breaks the light beam it works. Take the card out when you leave the room.

Like kadeycat said - you leave your sail & sign card in the slot by the door. When you take it out the lights will stay on for 30 seconds or so to give you time to leave. Trick is that if you're leaving & taking your card out of the slot and someone is staying in the cabin, be to get their S&S to replace yours or they'll be left in the dark! :eek:

Since the lights stay on for a minute - we met someone who thought you just had to swipe your card to get them to come on - he would swipe it to turn them on, then the lights would go out. He figured it out though.

Do you happen to know what movies were playing on the big screen?? And so glad yall had a great time...we leave in 4 days...can't wait!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Movies - Seaside Theatre (Big Screen):

Sunday - The Odd Life of Timothy Green; Big Miracle

Monday - The Blind Side; Lincoln

Tuesday - Concert: Kenny Chesney; The Lucky One

Wednesday - Concert: Billy Joel; Concert: Randy Travis; National Treasure; The Truth About Charlie

Thursday - Concert: Beyoncé; Concert: Kelly Clarkson; Concert: Beach Boys; Spiderman 3; Quantum of Solace

Friday - Concert: Billy Joel; Concert: Beyoncé; Concert: Kelly Clarkson; The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Saturday - The Guilt Trip; Grown Ups

Movies - free ones on TV in Cabin:

Sunday - Skyfall; Adventures in Zambezia

Monday - Les Miserables; Trouble with the Curve

Tuesday - Lincoln; Wreck it Ralph

Wednesday - Skyfall; Adventures in Zambezia

Thursday - Les Miserables; Trouble with the Curve

Friday - Lincoln; Wreck it Ralph

Saturday - Skyfall; Adventures in Zambezia

I mostly went to the Shows and the Comedy. Only movie I saw most of was the 2nd showing of the Guilt Trip on the last night. Packed bags were supposed to be in hall by 11pm & movie started at 11pm!

Popcorn available at Poolside Bar btw. Not the best - very plain.

Movies - Seaside Theatre (Big Screen):

Sunday - The Odd Life of Timothy Green; Big Miracle

Monday - The Blind Side; Lincoln

Tuesday - Concert: Kenny Chesney; The Lucky One

Wednesday - Concert: Billy Joel; Concert: Randy Travis; National Treasure; The Truth About Charlie

Thursday - Concert: Beyoncé; Concert: Kelly Clarkson; Concert: Beach Boys; Spiderman 3; Quantum of Solace

Friday - Concert: Billy Joel; Concert: Beyoncé; Concert: Kelly Clarkson; The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Saturday - The Guilt Trip; Grown Ups

Movies - free ones on TV in Cabin:

Sunday - Skyfall; Adventures in Zambezia

Monday - Les Miserables; Trouble with the Curve

Tuesday - Lincoln; Wreck it Ralph

Wednesday - Skyfall; Adventures in Zambezia

Thursday - Les Miserables; Trouble with the Curve

Friday - Lincoln; Wreck it Ralph

Saturday - Skyfall; Adventures in Zambezia

I mostly went to the Shows and the Comedy. Only movie I saw most of was the 2nd showing of the Guilt Trip on the last night. Packed bags were supposed to be in hall by 11pm & movie started at 11pm!

Popcorn available at Poolside Bar btw. Not the best - very plain.

Thank you so much!! My kids will be very happy about the timothy green and big miracle movies and wreck it ralph inside the cabin!!

Archived