Vantage fares not worth the money

dodgydino

not a lot at all

On an Oceana 14 nighter last month i managed exactly £601.80 just for me. £465 of that was on board credit though :D

It seems a lot to me....I tend to like a drink onboard probably having approx 5 pints a day with the wife drinking cocktails, also the wife likes to spend on perfume and other bits and on our recent 12 nighter finished with a bill of £550..... Saying that we didnt do any organised trips we prefer to do our own thing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Hang on......this appears to be the first ever Vantage fare passenger that has benefitted from a Vantage Fare reduction.......surely not! No one has ever posted this as being a reality!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No it is not.

If you read it this is the OBC that a great deal of people got who had booked a cruise before the introduction of Vantage fare.

We got a great big wedge for our next cruise.

We will try to spend it.:rolleyes:

Gan Canny

Dai

Hang on......this appears to be the first ever Vantage fare passenger that has benefitted from a Vantage Fare reduction.......surely not! No one has ever posted this as being a reality!

We got about £700 in OBC on our Aurora cruise this year.

Seemed fair enough to me (and paid for quite a few bottles of wine too!).

We got about £700 in OBC on our Aurora cruise this year.

Seemed fair enough to me (and paid for quite a few bottles of wine too!).

Winkster, was that because you booked before Vantage Fares were introduced and they gave you the credit as the Vantage fare was lower than what you paid?

I booked 3 cruises before the Vantage fares were introduced and got considerable on board credit on them all. I have been on 2 so far and on both a mysterious additional obc has appeared on my account. i await the next one with anticipation ;)

Winkster, was that because you booked before Vantage Fares were introduced and they gave you the credit as the Vantage fare was lower than what you paid?

My guess is that we booked it in late 2012. I have no idea if Vantage fares were around then but we got a nearer the cruise saying prices had dropped so we were given the difference as OBC.

It seemed rude to say no!!

Wait until Getaway deals for that cruise become available because after September single cruisers can book Getaway deals and you might be able to cancel and book a Getaway and save a fortune.

Where did you get the information that after September singles can book Getaway deals? I read in the P and O brochure that singles had to book Vantage fares which I think is very unfair.

Where did you get the information that after September singles can book Getaway deals? I read in the P and O brochure that singles had to book Vantage fares which I think is very unfair.

P&O changed their mind about June/July time and said that singles can book getaways as of September 1st.

So get booking.

Gan Canny

Dai

We recently returned from a cruise and paid our vantage fares approx 15 months ago, on the plus side we removed all of the tips from our account because I am sure that all the getaway passengers who paid half of what I paid can pay my tips for me! Maybe P & O might sort out this fare fiasco if other vantage passengers follow suit and the crew start complaining because they sure ain't listening to their fare paying clientele!!

By the way we did not get and additional obc as, not surprisingly the vantage fare did not change, but the getaway fare was under half of what we paid. If I'd got some obc I might have left the Tips where they were

We recently returned from a cruise and paid our vantage fares approx 15 months ago, on the plus side we removed all of the tips from our account because I am sure that all the getaway passengers who paid half of what I paid can pay my tips for me! Maybe P & O might sort out this fare fiasco if other vantage passengers follow suit and the crew start complaining because they sure ain't listening to their fare paying clientele!!

I appreciate your frustration with the fare fiasco however its a little unfair to take that out on the staff at ground level who work very hard.

I tend to agree but as soon as p& o start paying their staff what they are worth it won't need to happen! The point made to us which was the deciding factor was made by a probation officer on deck to us who said " when was the last time some one tipped me for doing my job?!" he has a point & yes i know he gets paid better than they do but the whole tipping thing is a whole new subject.

Carol Marlow is running the company into bankruptcy and when she is gone in September hopefully things will change. The new md turned premier inn around so hopefully he can o the same for the cruise company ( I wonder if Lenny Henry will be doing the tv ads??. Lol)

I booked before Vantage and had 600 pounds OBC for my cruise last month. I still had £7 of it left when I disembarked. :eek:

If only

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

By the way we did not get and additional obc as, not surprisingly the vantage fare did not change, but the getaway fare was under half of what we paid. If I'd got some obc I might have left the Tips where they were

Where is the logic in punishing the already underpaid staff because P&O did not give you enough OBC and some others paid less for the cruise. Did you have the guts to tell the staff that you were not tipping them and why......... I doubt it.

We actually paid the cabin steward directly, and gave our waiter a tip as well, but P&O don't need to know that do they!

I wonder how long before P & O start taking payment for the tips upfront like Celebrity, we had to pay them months in advance and did not have the option to remove them, not that we wanted to

It seems as though they are changing their policies now in line with others, pre payment for trips etc.

It wont be long before they bring in the no alcohol rule :rolleyes:

I wonder how long before P & O start taking payment for the tips upfront like Celebrity, we had to pay them months in advance and did not have the option to remove them, not that we wanted to

It seems as though they are changing their policies now in line with others, pre payment for trips etc.

It wont be long before they bring in the no alcohol rule :rolleyes:

The only time you have to pre pay gratuities with Celebrity is if you choose Select dining, otherwise you can choose to pre pay if you wish, or have them added onto your on board account.

I always thought P&O would eventually have to do something about the way trips were booked, as I know people who booked everything they thought they might like, then cancelled the ones they decided they didn't want to do nearer the time. What an admin nightmare that must have been. People were disappointed as trips they wanted showed as full, then in fact they weren't.

Lou

Archived