Buying Alcohol at Duty Free in the terminal

rabbit72

We are on Carnival Valor and was wondering if you purchase alcohol at the duty free shop in the cruise terminal can you carry it to your cabin? We sailed on Princess before and were told you can buy booze and as long as you can fit it in your carry on you can take it to your cabin....so we did. Does anybody know if this is still being allowed???

• 2 weeks later...
just inside the terminal. Actually it's not duty free but tax free so there's no limit on what you can buy as long as you can carry it back. If flying you might not save as air charges are quite high.

Do you mean you can carry it onboard without it being confiscated??

• 3 weeks later...

We did this last year.

When you go through security, you have to put all your bags and stuff on the conveyor belt.

Once you finish this, you go up an escalator, At the next level is a liquor store where you can buy hard liquor and wine. You can also purchase soda and water outside the store in a kiosk.

After you purchase all your liquor, including wine, you must store it inside your carry-on (i.e, HIDE IT!).

Do not walk to the ship carrying the bag from the liquor store (you must conceal everything). If you don't conceal it in your bags and they see you with liquor they will flag it and you won't get it back until the last night on the ship.

This happened to my dad. I made a big production about waiting to buy our wine and liquor until after we go through security. After I paid for all my stuff, I unzipped my carry-on (right there at the register) and put all my bottles in my carry on.

In the meantime, I didn't know my Dad purchase some liquor and walked out with the shopping bag, only to get stopped by security and have the bottle taken from him. As for my 5 bottles of wine and 1 bottle of jack daniels, it all made it on the ship. I guess I neglected to tell my dad he needed to HIDE his bottle!

Archived