Has Carnival Ever used the Fuel Surcharge Option?

Flatland

We did a group cruise for DH's birthday in 2007 where they added the fuel surcharge, but there was a big controversy that they couldn't add it to existing cruises, so they ended up refunding it to everyone since our cruise was already scheduled. So I think they did actually add it during that time to new cruises.

Yes and I have paid it for 2 cruises and apparently some were lucky and got obc...must have been nice! Lol:rolleyes: I just jump for joy that they have not reinstated it :D

Sent from my VS840 4G using Forums mobile app

Yep, a lot of us "Seasoned" cruisers remember that fuel surcharge. What ticked me off was the cruise was paid in full in advance, before the surcharge, and they charged my credit card for the surcharge anyway...And no, I was not reimbursed for the charges. I think most of the ones who were refunded lived in Florida or complained to the Florida authorities.

Can you imagine getting a tank of gas then a month later the gas station calls you to say the price of the gas you got is now higher, so you owe us $$$ What the ???

The only other surprise surcharge that I got was when they opened up the "New Miami" terminal, there was a charge on my on board account even before I boarded the ship.

Archived