Cruise destinations for seniors

emsachs

After our great Alaska cruise (Volendam), our parents are already asking where we are going for next year.

So, can anyone suggest a destination??

Please keep in mind that our parents cannot walk or stand for a long time.

(I am concerned with this for excursions).

We really liked the scenic cruising on glacier days and the inside passage.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

How about one of those partial 10-day panama canal cruises?? It's perfect for sitting back and enjoying the views, plus the canal is simply fascinating to travel through. I've done it twice with my elderly parents. The partial gives you the advantage of traveling in and out of the same port, usually Fort Lauderdale, which should be easier on your parents, too.

That's just what I was thinking of, too. The Panama Canal is awesome, and the ports involved are easy to get around in. (Or, they can just stay on the ship and have a great time playing games or relaxing.)

I think Panama Canal is a great trip, but I am partial to a full transit.

Canada/New England Fall Foliage cruises are another that seniors seem to enjoy, particularly when the colors cooperate. Very pretty.

Have done both partial and full canal transits - they are great.

Full transit canal cruises are much better as you have more sea days and more time to relax.

The partial canal cruises that HAL is presently doing isn't as nice as those we did a couple of years ago. You enter the canal early in the morning from the Caribbean, go to Gatum Lake, anchor for a couple of hours to drop off tour passengers, then go back through the lock and go to Cristobal to wait for the passengers to return from their tours.

There are the repositioning cruises, but I and others love the 'partial' Panama Canal So. Caribbean cruise. Terrific itinerary and an older crowd as it is a 10 day HAL cruise rt from Ft. Lauderdale. Ports include Aruba, Curacao, Costa Rica and a partial transit into the Canal. We have taken this and it is a wonderful experience. Can't recommend this cruise more highly. :)

The full transits are generally either world cruises or repositioning cruises when the ships need to move from Caribbean waters to Alaska or the South Pacific. The partial transits are round trips out of Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Galveston, New Orleans, or such.

Archived