Millennium Questions!

CGAGE

I've looked and looked and can't find the answers to the questions I have!

Here we go-

*Does anyone have a copy of the wine list for the main dining room and for the specialty restaurant? I read somewhere that the lists were different!

*Do they offer a wine package on board?

*How private are the Aft CC cabins? Any pic's of these cabins??? Are the benefits worth it to be in the CC category?

*Do we have to do anything special to take advantage of the Captains Club benefits? We're at the Platinum level of the Crown and Anchor Society with RCCL...do the benefits transfer over?

All answers are greatly appreciated!!! Sorry if they've been asked before...I searched everywhere!

Thanks!!!

Sea Gage

Try cruiseclues.com. They have some X wine lists and they may not differ to much between ships. They also have some reader input on cabins. I just finished a Transatlantic on the Millie in May and I suspect they will have enough wine for you to taste.

Bill

the platinum level for the rccl. will give you select benefits for celebrity. But you do have call them and enroll. this will give you faster check in, behind the scenes tours, wine blending class, 2 cocktails partys, a few more things too.

the aft staterooms were are awesome, they are quiet and the ones overlooking the back of the ship verandas are larger.

the wine list does change with every ship, bu t you can go on the website and type in wine list and check it out under shopceler. or contact bonvoyage gifts and they can help you as well.

as far as the CC cat. its up to you like the list of things that come with you stateroom. but you also receive double cruise credits for bking the cc class.

Celebrity does not have a wine package like other lines where you pay a set price for a certain number of wines. You can order bottles ahead of time for the dining room or cabin, but the selection is not as large as what is available on the ship.

http://www.celebrity.com/shopceleb/giftList.do;jsessionid=00003gBKGCjbersPj44b--8iUxZ:1028etni0?pagename=wines_and_champagnes

We have found the wine list to be pretty much the same on all Celebrity ships that we have sailed, but the availability might not be the same. We tried to order one of our favorite wines from the list on 3 different ships (the Mercury, Horizon and Mille) but they did not have it in stock. When we were back on the Millie 2 years later and the Century a few months later, they did have it.

Thanks for all the responses! It's great to know we get double credits for the CC! We went ahead and booked the Millennium for the 2-5-06 sailing as you can see from my signature! We did book a CC cabin, but couldn't get an Aft balcony...we're mid-ship...which is where we usually try to be! I checked out the Bon Voyage section on X's website and found one of our favorite wines for only $23 a bottle! We usually bring a combo of 4-6 bottles of wine/champagne on board with us, then buy more at dinner. From what I've read on this board...carrying our own on shouldn't be a problem!

Again...thanks for the replies!

Happy 4th of July to all!

Hey Carrie :D

Here is a link to the Celebrity wine menu from last year. It is apt to change, but gives you a good idea of what is offered and the prices. -->Celebrity wine menu

If you email me at the link in my signature I can send you some of the other beverage menus--they are PDF files I can attach.

I've looked and looked and can't find the answers to the questions I have!

Here we go-

*Does anyone have a copy of the wine list for the main dining room and for the specialty restaurant? I read somewhere that the lists were different!

They are different, and darned if I didn't forget to snag the one offered from the specialty restaurant in April. Find attached a fairly current one for main dining.

Main Dining Room Wine List - 1,042KB (Note! You may have to change your "Passive FTP" setting for these to work. For Internet Explorer 6, it's in the Tools / Advanced section).

*Do they offer a wine package on board?
Yes, but we didn't find it anything to write home about. You can view the offerings on the Celebrity web site at http://www.celebrity.com/shopceleb/singleThumbTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000k7Lbx502INCPLQZGjmM1CDF:1028etq20?pagename=bon_voyage_gifts
*How private are the Aft CC cabins? Any pic's of these cabins???
From a visual standpoing, reasonably so. There are dividers that separate the veranda areas, and while you could peek through the cracks between them if you wanted, but I think most know better ;) . There's a whole section of the veranda towards the cabin that isn't able to be seen from above, and a section further out that is. For pictures of a sample cabin with veranda, click the signature link below.
Are the benefits worth it to be in the CC category?
Far more so on the Millennium class ships since it buys you a good bit larger cabin. The Century class ships are 172 sq ft whether your in a CC or Cat2 cabin.
*Do we have to do anything special to take advantage of the Captains Club benefits? We're at the Platinum level of the Crown and Anchor Society with RCCL...do the benefits transfer over?
Call or have your travel agent call Celebrity with your number from RCCL. You'll be offered the equivalent status on Celebrity. Note, however, that points accumulated on one line don't also apply to the other, so while you'll have your RCCL status on Celebrity, you'll be getting your first points on Celebrity. I suppose the smart thing to do is max out the status on one line and then not worry over the other as it will apply to both.

Archived