Breakaway staterooms 9136 and 9736

DavyB

I know it's a long shot but has anyone stayed in either 9176 or 9376 on the Breakaway? I have them both booked for a cruise on the Getaway. They were originally a category B6 but have been changed to a BD. I was wondering what you could tell me about these rooms, i.e. a larger room, balcony, etc...

Thanks,

David

• 1 month later...

hmmmm.....I was pretty excited to book 9736 on the Getaway, thinking I was getting an extra sized cabin...but the more I look around, I see the cabin is the same size, only the balcony is larger....still a bonus, but the websites deck plan map can be deceiving....:cool:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Just bringing this thread alive again to see if anyone has stayed in either 9136 or 9736 on the Breakaway or Getaway.

Are they B6s? We have 2 booked for our cruise in April. I can report back when we get home :) Edited - I just read your first post. Duh! Sorry

Edited by SissasMomE

Are they B6s? We have 2 booked for our cruise in April. I can report back when we get home :) Edited - I just read your first post. Duh! Sorry

haha, yeah, that's what I'm trying to find out. They look like they could be B6's but are labeled as BD's. Guess I'll find out in May. ;-)

This is about BD cabins 9136 and 9736 just to be clear. As PP stated these cabins have the same size interior as other BD's (172-176 sqft), but the balconies are angled and offer more space outside than a typical 33 sqft BD standard balcony. Similar to other cabins located on the ends of bumpout.

I don't believe the categories ever changed for these two cabins. The cabins were always BDs.

I will point out this also occurs on 4 deck 8 BD balconies next to the M6's, if my counting/labeling is correct. The deckplans have an error here. Cabins 8738 and 8740 and their mirrors port have larger balconies too due to being on the angle.

These balconies can be seen in a slide in these links with the cabin #'s labeled on the outside.

See visual aid link for BD, slide #21. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

HTH

ETA; I see the spreadsheet was linked before. Oh well. That slide still rocks with the cabin #'s labeled on the outside showing cats BX, BD, B6, M6, MX. :p

Edited by bear3412

• 1 year later...
haha, yeah, that's what I'm trying to find out. They look like they could be B6's but are labeled as BD's. Guess I'll find out in May. ;-)

Just wondering what those cabins were like... I am thinking about booking one

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
3 minutes ago, Jennsails said:

Bringing this old thread back to life. We have 9736 on the Getaway booked. Can anyone from this thread who sailed in it verify that the balcony is larger, as it appears on the deck plan? Thank you!

I cannot confirm for this cabin, but we were just in 8738 on the GA.  The balcony was angled and it was huge (same category as yours...BF), much bigger than the regular angled balcony cabins.  We had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table.  It could have held 2 more regular chairs.  Based on the website that shows the cruisedeckplans.....my opinion is that you will be happy with that cabin.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I cannot confirm for this cabin, but we were just in 8738 on the GA.  The balcony was angled and it was huge (same category as yours...BF), much bigger than the regular angled balcony cabins.  We had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table.  It could have held 2 more regular chairs.  Based on the website that shows the cruisedeckplans.....my opinion is that you will be happy with that cabin.

That is fantastic intel, thank you! On the deck plan it looks like your 8738 is directly below our 9736, like in the same “stack” so I’m hopeful that our balcony is the same! The other balconies look so tiny and we really appreciate having our own lounges to enjoy outside. 

3 minutes ago, Jennsails said:

That is fantastic intel, thank you! On the deck plan it looks like your 8738 is directly below our 9736, like in the same “stack” so I’m hopeful that our balcony is the same! The other balconies look so tiny and we really appreciate having our own lounges to enjoy outside. 

It was a great cabin....my husband's all time favorite.  If you check youtube there are some videos of 8738!  Hope you have the same wonderful experience.