CA Coastal on website/Catalina vs San Diego?

TVanTuyl

Has anybody noticed that for at least 6 weeks now the Princess website shows Catalina Island on the main search screen, but then when you go into the actual itinerary, it is San Diego? I've asked Princess a couple of times, assuming they would fix the website, but it is still showing the same? The printed itinerary is correct, I guess it just bugs me a little that the website is still wrong?

Has anybody noticed that for at least 6 weeks now the Princess website shows Catalina Island on the main search screen, but then when you go into the actual itinerary, it is San Diego? I've asked Princess a couple of times, assuming they would fix the website, but it is still showing the same? The printed itinerary is correct, I guess it just bugs me a little that the website is still wrong?

Wrong, but consistent.

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=R449&itinCode=CEG070&tourCode=&trade=&date=1214&noOfPax=2&resType=C&ship=RU&bID=PCDIR&meta=I&ppax=false&itinPort=&tourIds=&duration=&tourdur=&orderBy=&filterBy=&order=

shows Grand Turk in the map and Nassau in the itinerary list. Grand Turk is also listed on the main search results.

There may be some very surprised people on that cruise.

I think that every other week the map is correct...the itinerary alternates between Avalon and San Diego. It's a bit odd, but nothing as bad as the south from Alaska repo cruise we took last year that Princess' Facebook page insisted was a Mexican Riviera cruise out of LA.

wow I just don't get that! I understand a mistake, but mistakes should be fixed!! I picked that cruise for 2 reasons ... Thanksgiving weekend, and because of Catalina. Ah well, at least the date hasn't changed :)

I think that every other week the map is correct...the itinerary alternates between Avalon and San Diego. It's a bit odd, but nothing as bad as the south from Alaska repo cruise we took last year that Princess' Facebook page insisted was a Mexican Riviera cruise out of LA.

That's hysterical.

We are going on that Thanksgiving cruise as well, and when you click on that actual cruise date it has always been listed as San Diego (at least as long as I've been looking at it, which started back in February I think). I agree that it's dumb the way Princess has the 4 day itineraries listed, on the surface it looks like they all go to Catalina, but I believe one of them goes to Santa Barbara instead and then of course the one to San Diego. Honestly, Catalina is pretty if you've never been there, but in my opinion there is WAY more to do in San Diego. Even though it's a city I drive to several times a year, it'll still be fun to port there. I'm excited to get away for Thanksgiving weekend, not having to cook a huge dinner, spending time with my family, it's going to be a great little cruise!

I am really looking forward to the cruise too! My daughter has only been to Catalina once as a child so we were looking forward to it, but you are right, not a ton to do there and San Diego is not somewhere that she has ever visited.

I am really looking forward to the cruise too! My daughter has only been to Catalina once as a child so we were looking forward to it, but you are right, not a ton to do there and San Diego is not somewhere that she has ever visited.

San Diego surely has a lot more activities. I was first in Catalina years ago. We'd visit my aunt and uncle in SoCal and take the big white boat there. Now years later I've been there four times in as many years on different kinds of "big white boats" and not sure I'd get off again.

Thanks to this thread, I went to look at my March 24th booking on the Ruby to see if I was indeed going to Grand Turk like I had planned, when lo and behold what did I find??? A $180 p/p price reduction - WooHoo!!

Thanks to this thread, I went to look at my March 24th booking on the Ruby to see if I was indeed going to Grand Turk like I had planned, when lo and behold what did I find??? A $180 p/p price reduction - WooHoo!!

All the more to spend in Grand Turk ;)

I hope my Cal Coastal, next April, still stops in San Diego. I'm trying to talk a friend into taking me to lunch the day we stop in San Diego, although Catalina wouldn't be bad as I've never been there.

We are going on that Thanksgiving cruise as well, and when you click on that actual cruise date it has always been listed as San Diego (at least as long as I've been looking at it, which started back in February I think). I agree that it's dumb the way Princess has the 4 day itineraries listed, on the surface it looks like they all go to Catalina, but I believe one of them goes to Santa Barbara instead and then of course the one to San Diego. Honestly, Catalina is pretty if you've never been there, but in my opinion there is WAY more to do in San Diego. Even though it's a city I drive to several times a year, it'll still be fun to port there. I'm excited to get away for Thanksgiving weekend, not having to cook a huge dinner, spending time with my family, it's going to be a great little cruise!

I have a friend going on that cruise as well. Enjoy.

Archived