Falmouth Margaritaville

HotRod3

Nothing else to do?! You do realize there is a whole island outside of the port area, right?

Thank you! I'll never understand judging a place by what is at the port facility. Jamaica has tons of incredible things to see and do, beyond drinking at a US-based chain bar/restaurant.

Or, choose their words more carefully, as in "Falmouth is out of MY comfort zone. Your experience will depend on your own comfort zone."

Very well put.

Edited by cruzeluver
spelling

We always enjoy wandering through Margaritaville at various Caribbean ports. Some people enjoy Diamonds International... others enjoy Margaritaville.

Note... The Falmouth Margaritaville DOES CHARGE TAX on t-shirts. I was surprised when the price of my t-shirt was about $5.00 more than expected. Oddly enough I didn't appear to have sales tax charged on other items we purchased in the port area (although it might have been included in the price paid).

• 2 months later...
Has the pool been completed at Margaritaville Fallmouth?

This will be a nice feature if it is kept clean.

Nothing like frolicking in the water at a bar selling beer, kinda like swimming in a cruise ship pool:eek:

I am buying stock in Chlorine and other pool chemicals.

Sea Ya

There are a lot of free WIFI in falmouth but you would of to go into town.

Club Nass is a restaurant that have free WIFI if you purchase something.

Also there is a restaurant in Albert George market which is in the middle of

the town may also have free Internet. I am from that area and was last their

in August.The person that says Falmouth is dangerous, I was you to provide

prove of even one cruise line passenger been kill in Falmouth since that

port was open.

Dangerous??? Haven't heard of one incident of danger. A little out of your comfort zone perhaps, but not dangerous.

We love Jamaica and all it has to offer. In addition, I like having the Margaritaville's in the port area. Our M.O. on a cruise is to head out into the island/country for the day. We love to experience local cuisine/drinks and the people. Then after spending our day exploring, get back close to port at least an hour or two prior to boarding time. We will then head to Margaritaville to have a few more cocktails, maybe a snack.

Our thought is that we are close enough to be right there for last call for boarding. We do pay attention to our time and haven't yet missed a ship.....knock on wood....but being right there is comforting knowing that we are not at the mercy of a taxi driver to get us back at the last minute. We also like to stay in port/off ship as long as possible. We cruise for the ports, not the ship.

So while people may criticize the Margaritaville franchise, we do end up there often at the end of our day and have enjoyed it very much.

As of Halloween the pool was NOT open just being formed. They said they hope to have it open for Xmas 2013.

We were just there a couple of weeks ago.....at the rate they were still moving dirt around I would be VERY surprised if the pool was ready by Christmas.

They also told us they didn't have bathrooms, that we would have to use the public ones in the building next door. Didn't bother us, but I was surprised an eating establishment wasn't required to have bathrooms.....LOL.....:p

If you want Free WIFI then you would need to go into town.

I was searching around an found this Video. I think it is

helpful.

Thanks for the info. We don't do the WiFi thing but some others we know do and it seems to be really important to them.

LuLu

~~~~