Docking info in Dubrovnik

bebajack

Has anyone been on the Windsurf when she docked in Dubrovnik? Where does she dock? Is it in the same area as the larger ships? If not, where?

I have read that it was "in easy walking distance" to the old town. I wanted more clarification... Thanks in advance for your input.

About 5years ago we sailed on the Wind Spirit and Dubrovnik was a tender port. They dropped us off right at the walls to the city. We were there early enough that we did the walls before the buses rolled in from the larger ships. It was a great port. Enjoy!

Many thanks! From what I have been able to find out by going to a number of sites I think we will tender in there as well. I had hoped it would be so. Thanks for the information. I am getting very excited.

We were on the Surf last year and tendered. It was fabulous access as noted already and incredible views of the city/walls from the yacht.

On our shorex out of town we spotted the "bigger" ships. All docked, but I am guessing 15-20 minutes out of the old city.

It was one of the most memorable sail away/deck parties that night as well.

Have fun!

I was there on the Surf twice last year, tendered both times. We came into the Old Dock, labeled 14 on this map. The big ships are at a different port far enough away that they have to take a bus to get to the walled city--several miles I believe.

http://www.dubrovnik-travel.net/gallery/var/albums/Maps-of-Dubrovnik/plan-grada-city-map1.jpg?m=1337252870

We loved Dubrovnik, it was one of our favorite ports.

• 4 weeks later...

We will be in Dubrovnik in October of this year. Did anyone do tours that day that they would recommend. What should expected weather be in Dubrovnik in October? Anyone traveled to Lluta village? We will be on the WindSurf as well.

We will be in Dubrovnik in October of this year. Did anyone do tours that day that they would recommend. What should expected weather be in Dubrovnik in October? Anyone traveled to Lluta village? We will be on the WindSurf as well.

We were there in the middle of September two years ago and it was hot enough that I burnt whilst walking the wall.

The link below should take you to the historic data for Dubrovnik. I set it to mid-month but you can adjust to the day you'll be there.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LDDU/2013/10/15/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Mands

• 3 weeks later...

... but be prepared for changes. Last September, we were supposed to tender into Dubrovnik, but found ourselved tied up at the dock -- next to a huge Carnival megaship. :(

Weather apparently was too rough for tender, so Captain had no choice about docking.

Buses were provided to take us to the city walls, to the Pile Gate. Because of the other ships at anchor, town was crowded. It was a hot humid day, so we walked the city walls for a bit, saw an excellent photo exhibit at a gallery, had some refreshments, and were glad to escape back to our Windsurf refuge!

We were there twice last year. The first time we took a tour that was a combo walking tour of the old city which included the war museum and a visit to a winery--if you want to know the name of it, I can look it up. The second time we walked the wall, wandered Old Town, and shopped.

• 10 months later...
We were there twice last year. The first time we took a tour that was a combo walking tour of the old city which included the war museum and a visit to a winery--if you want to know the name of it, I can look it up. The second time we walked the wall, wandered Old Town, and shopped.

Hi Ducklite, which tour did you prefer in Dubrovnik? Winery or Old Town and wall? We are going on Windstar's Gems of Adriatic and there is such limited info on shore excursions. Do you have any recommendations for these cities?

Gythion, Hvar, Rovinj, Brindisi

Thanks!

Hi Ducklite, which tour did you prefer in Dubrovnik? Winery or Old Town and wall? We are going on Windstar's Gems of Adriatic and there is such limited info on shore excursions. Do you have any recommendations for these cities?

Gythion, Hvar, Rovinj, Brindisi

Thanks!

You should have time to take the winery tour--you go to Crvik, we just had a bottle that we brought back with us from that winery last Saturday and it was drinking very nicely--and then walk the wall when you return to Dubrovnik.

In Hvar we also visited a winery with a wonderful tour guide. The winery was Obitelj Grgicevic. It's actually a small restaurant and he produces a very limited amount for his patrons. It is truly hand made winemaking--there is no electricity used in his process. His press, bottling, and labeling are all done by hand. He doens't speak much English but will gladly show you his wine cellar on request--it is maybe 20 x 20, and I believe he produces less than two barrels a year.

We didn't visit the other ports.