I DISLIKE a lot the new Carnival booking engine

GROUCHPUSS

It's really been screwy lately. Returning a message that no results were found (in error) is just about the worst thing that a commercial website could do. No doubt marketing people and number crunchers are Carnival are screaming loudly at their web development/IT department.

Worse yet, they do not provide all the pricing for specific cruises! I just booked for december and saw no early saver and a new the more the merrier rates....I called and actually booked under a past guest (and it still does not show up on the booking page ) with a reduced deposit for $10 more per person.. Still no price protection....

Worse yet, they do not provide all the pricing for specific cruises! I just booked for december and saw no early saver and a new the more the merrier rates....I called and actually booked under a past guest (and it still does not show up on the booking page ) with a reduced deposit for $10 more per person.. Still no price protection....

Early Saver disappears 5 months before a cruise if it's 7 days or longer. And if there is a special promotion, there is no Early Saver available during that sale.

I use it to get an idea, then I call. Because I know what I want it is super quick. I don't like they only show 10 cabins with no other choice. So I call to see if the one I might want is available even if it doesn't show.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I thought it was just the way to mobile version was but I went to look today and it is so counter-productive. I want to search by date not price. I had to click into three different "prices" to find the date I want.... Stupid! Why can't we just look down a list of dates like we used to do??

Also I've been trying to view my docs for my Breeze cruise and for a week now they've been "down" with the towel animal page. I luckily have an earlier version of my docs that I had printed, they just don't show excursions I've booked since then. Definitely not very good for a company image.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic forums app... Please excuse typos!

I thought it was just the way to mobile version was but I went to look today and it is so counter-productive. I want to search by date not price. I had to click into three different "prices" to find the date I want.... Stupid! Why can't we just look down a list of dates like we used to do??

Also I've been trying to view my docs for my Breeze cruise and for a week now they've been "down" with the towel animal page. I luckily have an earlier version of my docs that I had printed' date=' they just don't show excursions I've booked since then. Definitely not very good for a company image.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic forums app... Please excuse typos![/quote']

Something you might try when trying to get into your booking but are sent to the Oops page.... the url on the Oops page has your booking number at the end - delete those (example 12ABC3) and press enter. This has been working for me to get around the error page.

I like the current version, but I think the sales or promotion tactics are less to be desirable. I'm use to booking myself along with knowing all the pricing differences that can occur within a category, deck and section of the ship, but I think it would drive a new cruiser looking to book themselves, bonkers. A week or so ago I went on to check a rate for an IS on our Breeze cruise in 11 days, and the rate which started at $400, jumped up almost double for a decent location. I think they have to many booking rates, sales categories and promotions some of which are listed at the same price, but are just named differently, which is frustrating.

Several cruises that I have looked at repeatedly now don't even appear as an option. I find it hard to believe that those several cruises on various ships all simultaneously sold completely out!

Truly, Carnival's website is the worst website of any travel entity.

Period.

It amazes me that a huge corporation such as CCl continues to tolerate such a terrible, terrible website.:mad:

Archived