Formal night - Men's shoe question

bigshaun

Some men think they look good in speedos-most women will disagree-you can keep your eyes on your own paper and still see at 6'5" man walk by your table in long shorts and see poor dress and lack of consideration for those who even come close to a dress code.

Does their attire make your food taste bad :)

Some people cruise to wear gowns and tuxedos (lol at $499 for the week) and some cruise to be on vacation :)

I wear shorts in the MDR every cruise since I began in the 90s and never has anyone said a word .And again my shorts and button down shirt is a lot better than those who bring out their Sunday best once a year when they vacation

My husband will be wearing dark dress pants and dress shirt for formal night. Trying to save space in luggage and would love to avoid packing his big bulky dress shoes for something he would only be wearing for an hour or so.

He just got new dark brown sandals (not flip flops) tonight, and was wondering if it would be acceptable to Carnival if he wore them on formal night, with his dress pants and shirt. I know it would look crazy but they would only be seen for a few minutes. What do you think? I don't want to break any rules or get stopped at the door.

Here's a link to the type of shoe I'm talking about:

http://www.shoebuy.com/nunn-bush-reynald/588798/1215983

And here is from the website for you :) You are good to go

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Okay, so my cruise is in a few weeks and I have a question about the formal night. While I do have a dress shirt and pants, I don't have dress shoes. If they're really nice, could I get away with regular shoes?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

What do you consider "regular shoes" flip flops? tennis shoes, boots, workboots??

That's a great story' date=' thank you for sharing.[/color'] :D

I wouldn't call it great...i'd call it gross...and say that ds should have skipped the MDR and headed to Lido. But that's my opinion.

....if one doesn't want to dress up for formal night, then skip it. Head to the Lido or order room service. I don't understand why it's soooo difficult to put on a pair of loafers or at the least, tuck in shirts lol.

Well I knew I was going to get a lot of comments, but it seems the majority think it's fine. Maybe he'll wear dark socks with them so it doesn't stand out so bad.

And for the person who suggested that I trade out 3 or 4 pairs of my own shoes to make room for his dress shoes - I'm only bring 2 pairs myself, so that isn't an option. We both have foot issues and can only wear comfortable shoes. I've got stress fractures from wearing high heels for 8 hours, so I don't wear them anymore. My husband has had 3 surgeries on his foot and had to quit his job because of it.

Well I knew I was going to get a lot of comments, but it seems the majority think it's fine. Maybe he'll wear dark socks with them so it doesn't stand out so bad.

And for the person who suggested that I trade out 3 or 4 pairs of my own shoes to make room for his dress shoes - I'm only bring 2 pairs myself, so that isn't an option. We both have foot issues and can only wear comfortable shoes. I've got stress fractures from wearing high heels for 8 hours, so I don't wear them anymore. My husband has had 3 surgeries on his foot and had to quit his job because of it.

Please no socks :)

I have size 13 EEE as my wife calls them big fat feet :)

Archived