14-Day Hawaii Cruise Wear

wjterry

Can anyone that has been on the 14-day Hawaiian Cruise please tell me the number of formal, semi formal, and casual nights. This would be great help in the planning and packing.

What ship? Different cruise lines have different dress requirements. If on Princess, you will have 3 "Formal" nights and 11 "Smart Casual" nights. Jeans and shorts not allowed in the dining rooms during dinner.

Carol, I called RCCL an was told there will be 3 formal nights, 3 smart casual nights, and 8 casual nights. I thing the smart casual is taking place of semi-formal. I sure hope we have a wonderful cruise. Judy

We had 3 formal on the Serenade last October. It is a great chance to wear your Hawiian wear, even on formal nights. Ladies wore their long Hawiian Gowns and real flower Lei's. You can have them made in Honolulu and they will keep in the mini fridge! (Of course if you sail from San Diego that will not work for you, we sailed from Honolulu to San Diego.) Do enjoy it is a fun cruise.

Carol, I went to Hawaii 35 years ago next year to meet my husband on R&R from Viet Nam. We were only on one island then. We did have a wonderful time but I can't wait to see the other islands. Judy

Judy,

How exciting. So this will be an Anniversary cruise so to speak. We will be celebrating our 10th Wedding Anninvesary (even though it will be only 9 yrs in Sept 06). 10 yrs makes us sound young, we're in our mid 40's. We act like kids anyway.

Hi 2for,

are you from S.D.? I am from San Diego, but now live 1 1/2 hrs north in Riverside. My family still lives in North Park so we will drive down to S.D. and leave our car at my familys house and get dropped off at the dock. We are looking forward to this cruise. This will be our 1st time to Hawaii.

No, we live in Bakersfield, but it's still within driving distance to SD. We've been to Kaui once, but I am sooooo looking forward to crluising the Hawaiin Islands. My biggest problem is it's so far away....over a year to wait!!

It is a very long time to wait. We were going to go in May 2007 for our 10yr Anniversary, but that was way to long. So we're celebrating it 8 months early.

We can't wait. Have you booked any excursions?

I'm not sure if we're going to go on any excursions yet. Our cruise to the eastern caribbean we did our own thing-all the local beaches. But on this cruise we do want to go to a Luau (sp?).

Actually, we do have one "shore excursion". Our son's best friend is the manager at Leilani's on Maui, and I have to go by and give Mitch a big sloppy kiss and a hug. :D

I've always wanted to go to a luau, too. I might have to work on DH about that, though.

Archived