Elegant Night on 4 Night Cruise?

tdnosnhoj11

My AMAZING MIL has offered to take the entire family on a 4 Day Disney Cruise. The problem? I'm a vacation planning freak and like to have all the details. She's the exact opposite. She's more the "we'll figure it out closer to the day." We have a little over two months, so I'm getting anxious for at least a little insight, other than knowing the ship, the ports, and the dates.

Seriously, we don't even know how we're traveling (driving, but there are 14 of us, 5 of those live up North) or who we're carpooling with, if anyone at all.

So, I thought at least I have control over one thing- packing. Small of a detail as it is, it satisfies me lol

I started putting things away for our cruise in October and thought maybe I could go ahead and begin planning what to take on the Disney Cruise (partly to make sure I don't "need" to buy any new clothes, partly because of my excitement!). Then the thought occurred, is there even an elegant night on a 4 night cruise?

One thing to mention is we'll be on the cruise on Thanksgiving, so do people tend to dress up more for holidays if there isn't an elegant night?

Thanks everyone!

Yes they have one dress up optional night. I plan on wearing a nice blazer type jacket with tie. DW will wear a nice dress.

On this night there are some opportunities to get some nice pictures in the atrium.

We have never been during the holidays so not sure about that.

Have a great trip!

Thanksgiving is different because it is a holiday and people will dress better. On our 4 night cruise there really wasn't anything elegant. Most people did dress for dinner but long pants and polo shirts or button shirts were the standard. You will have to dress for dinner at Remy if you want something special. Not sure about Palo. We did brunch which I would definitely book.

For now I'm just planning out what I need to take as far as dinner clothes. No kids for us (and we're not exactly "kid" people, so a Disney Cruise will be interesting!!) and hubby usually just throws a bunch of stuff in the suitcase lol!

And yes! Best.gift.ever!

"Elegant night?" No.

On 4 night cruises, one night is designated "Dress Up Optional." That says it all. You will see everything from jeans/shorts and t-shirts to cocktail dresses to an occasional ball gown/tux couple. Honestly, anything you decide is fine. You might want to coordinate with the family as to whether you will dress up or not.

Another night is "pirate night" when anything from a shirt and shorts to a Captain Jack Sparrow costume will be appropriate. ANYTHING with any pirate connection is fine, and about half the guests do not dress up.

The other nights are "cruise Casual."

We haven't noticed holiday cruises to be more dressed up. You are still on vacation!

Best packing tip for little kids--get big ziplock type bags. Bag a full day of clothing--undies, socks, etc. In the morning, even dad can get a kid dressed; you just get out a bag and it is all together. Very easy for unpacking and keeping things coordinated. And be sure to bring one "just in case" cool weather outfit. It isn't likely that you'll need it, but I can tell you what a budget buster it can be to buy warm clothing on board!

Archived