Magic Docking - Which Way Will She Face

PDC55

Calling all Krooz Cam watchers. Does the Magic always come in backwards from Belize? By backwards, I mean does she always show her aft to the cruise pier cam? Reason I'm asking is that I like to watch the dolphins play out in the channel and my cabin is on the starboard side this time so I won't be able to see them unless she comes in the way she is today.

Calling all Krooz Cam watchers. Does the Magic always come in backwards from Belize? By backwards, I mean does she always show her aft to the cruise pier cam? Reason I'm asking is that I like to watch the dolphins play out in the channel and my cabin is on the starboard side this time so I won't be able to see them unless she comes in the way she is today.

You just never know... I see her in person all the time and I haven't found a rhyme or reason to it...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You can't predict which way she will dock on any given week. However, she docks port side out (facing the web cam) more often than the other way. Last time we were there (April 21), there was very little dolphin activity, so I guess that can't be predicted either. I, too, love to watch them from my balcony.

We were on the Belize itinerary. When we boarded the ship in Galveston the Magic had already turned around so our starboard cabin was on the side by the terminal. On our return she did not turn around before docking and our starboard cabin was facing the oil rigs tied up and the marshes beyond.

I wonder if they didn't bother to turn around before docking so that they could get docked as quickly as possible and start debarkation early since everyone had to go through the full immigration inspection because of Belize. There were long lines in the terminal because of it. We've Plat/Diamond and got off quickly only to stand in line for half an hour before getting to face the slowest CBP agent who typed with 2 fingers and was not scanning the passports like the other agents were. Their lines moved much faster. She had a real attitude and seemed to enjoy holding everyone up. She never said a word - just typed forever and looked at her screen as if she had never seen it before.

Docking in Galveston when returning from a Belize itinerary :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks Prattmom for clearing that up for me. I know I can go elsewhere on the ship to watch them but was hoping to be able to do so from my balcony. It's just one those small things that become a bit of a ritual. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for the replies.:)

This whole "full immigration inspection" when returning from Belize is an urban legend......I have been on that itinerary several times and never had any additional issues when getting back to Galveston....

Debarkation has always started around 7am and I'm usually off the ship, in my car and 1/2 way to Houston by 8am.

If there is a full immigration inspection it's usually just the routine crew inspection. And if Carnival is sending out emails and using Belize as an excuse I think they are trying anything they can to attempt to spread out the embarking passengers.....

This whole "full immigration inspection" when returning from Belize is an urban legend......I have been on that itinerary several times and never had any additional issues when getting back to Galveston....

Debarkation has always started around 7am and I'm usually off the ship, in my car and 1/2 way to Houston by 8am.

If there is a full immigration inspection it's usually just the routine crew inspection. And if Carnival is sending out emails and using Belize as an excuse I think they are trying anything they can to attempt to spread out the embarking passengers.....

We thought that too, until we boarded after the ship had returned from Belize. We had arrived at the terminal at 10:30 and sat there until 1:30 before they even starting boarding. There were still people boarding at 6:30 pm, 2 1/2 hours after we were to set sail.

I don't know about the people getting off the ship, but the people getting on were definitely affected, at least on our cruise.

We got off the Magic last Sunday from the Belize itinerary. When we boarded, ship had already turned around, as our starboard cabin looked out over the gangway to board the ship. Ship turned around coming back also - I went outside on the balcony and watched the turnaround, and when we docked we were again facing the gangway.

It's just hit or miss if the ship makes the turn before coming in or not. Usually doesn't turn when running late, or some other reason they need to get to the dock in a hurry, or if it's foggy/bad weather.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived