Has anyone purchased excursions on Carnival's website?

DH and I are going on a Southern Caribbean cruise in October and haven't been able to book excursions on the Carnival website. Our PVP said it may be due to the fact that it's still a few months until our cruise and since we are stopping several places there are a lot of excursions. Just wondering if anyone has been able to book excursions for your cruise? I know this is new this year for Carnival so maybe they haven't worked all the kinks out yet.

Thanks.

DH and I are going on a Southern Caribbean cruise in October and haven't been able to book excursions on the Carnival website. Our PVP said it may be due to the fact that it's still a few months until our cruise and since we are stopping several places there are a lot of excursions. Just wondering if anyone has been able to book excursions for your cruise? I know this is new this year for Carnival so maybe they haven't worked all the kinks out yet.

Thanks.

Hi JasmineCruiser (great name by the way!)

Your PVP was right. It's a little too early yet to buy your excursions. When you are within 60 days of your trip, then you shouldn't have any trouble - I know I didn't. Plus the excursion list is much better at that point. More choices for you! :-D

By they way, I loved buying the excursions online. One less thing to worry about when you get on board. Plus one less expense on the ole S&S card too! ;-)

Have a great time on your cruise!

Cathy

I would personally recommend visiting the Ports of Call boards and book your excursions individually. You will save alot of money and there's alot of recommendations from your fellow CC Members on which tours they have used.

St. Thomas- Godfrey Tours Godfrey@godfreytourssvi.com

Dominica- Reynold Reynotours@hotmail.com

Barbados- Sarah www.Glorytours.org or sarah@glorytours.org

Aruba- rent a jeep www.arubaroyal.com

(These were my tours and I would do them again in a minute!)

Good Luck and please take a look at the Destiny Cruisers thread that's usually here on the front page for ALOT of great information...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44544&page=1&pp=40

Pholster, what tour did you take in St Thomas? We want to do a tour of St John when we stop in St Thomas.

This last time we toured St.Thomas only with Godfrey Tours- it was great! The last time, we booked the Champagne Catamaran Snorkle tour over to St. John- it was also very nice... I don't remember the name of the company, but this tour was through the ship at about $75 per person. I think you'd be able to find something similar on the POC boards for about $50-$60pp. There are also alot of people who take the ferry over to St. John, too.

Thanks Cathy and Pholter. I guess we're just a little too anxious. :rolleyes:

Pholter, I read your review of the Southern Caribbean cruise. It was great. I got a lot of good information from reading it.

Glad you enjoyed the review and please feel free to ask any questions that come up even if they may seem "stupid." :) Most questions aren't stupid at all!

There are so many folks on here very eager to share their experiences and give advice...

We are sailing Oct. 8. I was able to book excursions last week. I had to click on 'My Reservation' to do so. The web site wouldn't let me do after completing my Fun Pass and it asked me if I wanted to purchase Excursions. The charge will appear on your credit card within a few days, so be prepared. I read from someone that the charge didn't show up until shortly before sailing.

you will not be able to book excursions using the excursion button on carnivals web page.

YOu have to register your cruise first. To do that go to the right hand corner. clic on my profile. then add a booking # and fill in your information. Once that is done your cruise is now on the main page. If you click on cruise details...then click on each port it will show you the excursions you can book.

Please be aware that when you book an excursion you willneed to pay for it at the time.

HELLO, I THOUGHT YOU COULD PURCHASE EXCURSIONS ON CARNIVAL 180 DAYS OUT?:confused:

Yes, you can. I have had excursions available 240+ days out. For certain ports all the excursion may not show up until you get closer to your sail date. We still cant book anything for San Juan or Antigua on my 12/10 cruise. I rarely book ship excursions, but its nice to compare prices and see how much money you can saying booking with an independant tour operator.

only 36 days til our Destiny cruise and we still cannot book excursions. Have called and e-mailed Carnival. They tell me "there is no contract yet" wonder what that means. They say "keep trying every day". Very frustrating

Thats great AJ-- so it shouldnt be long before I can see whats available for my western Liberty cruise..

If you have a tour in mind let me know and I will check on the price.

Right now it shows 9 excursions for Freeport, 17 for GC and 34 for Cozumel

Freeport is the only place I am having a time with. Seems everyone goes to Lacaya Beachs. Must be very crowded...lol so I figured we would to a tour.

Cozumel. renting a car for the very first time- since I want to be at abeach when the sunsets...(coconuts is too expensive by taxi)

Wont be long now til we start seeing photos. Do youknow when the Liberty comes back to the states?

Wont be long now til we start seeing photos. Do youknow when the Liberty comes back to the states?

Liberty transatlantic leaves Rome on Oct 24 and arrives in FLL on Nov 9. There will be a 2 day cruise to the Bahamas Nov 10-12 and then Liberty will do the first 8 day Eastern cruise on the 12th of Nov.

Im not sure about Freeport, will decide something within the next month of so, might just check out a beach unless an exciting tour becomes available. The bike riding tour sounds like fun, but not sure its worth $89.

Archived