What will you take with you next cruise?

Vict0riann

I'm taking a Kindle. I love to read and we are going on a 21 day TA cruise in October. DH always complains about how much weight my reading material (usually hardback library books) adds to the suitcase. This time, he can't complain because I can download all of my reading material to the Kindle so we'll both be happy.

I plan on the same thing. I wondered about a small bottle of Fabreeze(sp).

I took a very small spray bottle of Febreeze (found in a drug store in Fort Lauderdale when we were about to leave), when we had an inside cabin in the Spring. Came in handy! I forgot this last cruise, but we were in a Neptune suite, and didn't miss it. Perhaps it has to do with the ventilation system. The one time I could have used it was when DH suddenly smelled smoke in the bathroom and we raced around trying, first, to figure out where it came from, and then to find someone to tell. When the steward came in and sniffed around, he said "Someone smoking - it's coming through the exhaust fan." Have no idea where it came from, as I guess all the fans interconnect.

I've found this to be a very useful thread! The motion-activated battery night lights have been ordered, and I'm making a list of other stuff, and I think as I buy stuff I will store it in a shoe box for eventual packing. Thanks to all!:)

AmazonBasics Travel Adapter Kit for iPod, or different versions of iPhone

Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit

book to read or listen to

Ipad(with connectivity turned off) & case

iPhone, maybe with connectivity on shore.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/affordable-world-packages.jsp

small umbrella

empty folding tote bag

hat

big water bottle with large opening for filling with ice

Case of bottled water & Crystal Light on the go lemonade mix

sunglasses

binoculars

Eyeglass cleaner

band aids

Tums

vaseline

antibiotic cream

bandages

anti-diarrhea medication

cortisone cream

aspirin/tylenol/advil

laxative

benadryl

hand lotion

sun screen/sun block and lip sunblock

blistex

deodorant

toothbrush

toothpaste

dental floss

mouthwash

tweezers

nail clippers and file

distilled water for cpap $0.88 vs $4.00 on the ship

eye drops

cough drops

Bag Balm

Besides some of the usual items previously mentioned, i.e. assorted OTC medications, standard sewing kit, travel umbrella, etc. Additional stuff that I also take include:

1. a digital luggage scale and small solar digital calculater.

P12420004a.jpg

2. my wife always takes Sonnes' #7 for IBS, upset stomach, and/or diarrhea.

7.jpg

3. US (USA) to EU (Europe) Power Plug Adapter to utilize the 220v outlet for charging the laptop.

mjJAqDPs43IMjyZox184DFQ.jpg

4. small photo cell night light (we always book an inside GTY).

5. some balloons to ID my door.

6. Pacsafe Luggage Cashsafe (money) Belt Wallet, Black, One Size fits all (on Amazon for $13.70).

31NO0c3r8rL._SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

7. Duct tape, Shoe Goo, epoxy, and dental floss & large needle/thimble for repairs.

8. (industrial) plastic spring clamps for fastening towel to lounger and in cabin repairs.

m4o5dnOQx3tk2v5ArEar7bg.jpg

9. Seran wrap and zip lock bags for packaging lunch (sandwiches & cookies) for long days ashore. Hey I figure I've already paid for the ship's food.

10. small plastic waterproof keychain pill container for aspirin and/or any other pills you may need ashore.

512_thumbnail_image.jpg

A couple of different things we pack are 3M Command hooks to hang coats and hats, a pop up laundry hamper from the dollar store and cheap, disposable rain ponchos (which we used for the first time this summer in Dublin when we had a sudden torrential rain).

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Since we've cruised more than a dozen times, including some long cruises. My packing list already includes most of what we'll take. However, I don't usually take a flashlight but this time we are taking a small LED one since we have inside cabin. I'll try leaving the tv on the ship channel also. I also might buy a battery-powered tea light for the bathroom.

I bring a small amount of wrinkle release spray. Can't say that I've used it and it has leaked!

A flashlite and a nightlite for the bathroom are especially useful!! This trip, I'm bringing an extra suitcase. I got a great deal on air for the first time ever, so I am going to use some of that savings to pay for an extra suitcase---$200. I absolutely hate the stress of having our suitcases push 50 lbs., then having to shift stuff or remove completely.

I think I will try to bring a box of Kleenex. I hate the stuff in the bathrooms, it's rough on the nose, and too small and flimsy. Shouldn't be too difficult to buy, in HK on our next cruise, or FLL for the one after that! So much to remember. I must make a list before this thread disappears. I've also been looking for a good small folding umbrella in light summery colours that I could also use as a parasol. I hate hats!

I've only done one cruise with a larger suitcase and will never do that again. It's a carry on suitcase only for me. I don't need anything badly enough to pay the airlines for it and then lug it around.

Ditto on the disposable battery tea lights.

Ziplock bags of several sizes (qt, 1 gal, 2 gal). They come in handy for wet swim suits, holding all our misc stuff, and packing a snack to take on excursions.

Misc meds. Gum (the one thing you can't buy on the ship!) Purse size bug spray, sunscreen, hand sanitizer and TP (look in the camping section).

Neck carrier for money and passport.

A very small fishing tackle box for jewelery.

A collapsible water bottle with caribiner clip for excursions. I can't tell you how many people have commented on how they wished they'd had one! Here's ours, but you can get similar ones at stores now. http://vapur.us/shop/reflex/reflex

Depending on the itinerary, a set of lightweight wool or silk leggins and undershirt. Hat and fleece earband. Water resistant gloves.

Depending on itinerary, a small microfiber hair towel. It won't wrap around you, but it works well for drying off and is a heck of a lot easier to tote around on excursions.

A very small clutch evening purse and a daytime washable handbag. No it's not Louis Vitton, but I can toss it in the laundry and know it's clean! Here's mine: http://www.rei.com/product/827995/rei-tranquility-shoulder-bag-womens

A lightweight, water resistant jacket that folds up small enough to go in my purse.

All clothing is all mix & match, "squishable", quick dry, layering, no wrinkle, and multipurpose. Black convertible pants/capris and colorful layering knit tops. A black skirt. A black knit jacket that serves everything from a semi-formal wrap, to a swim suit coverup, to another layer under my coat. Similar to this: http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/long-cascade-cardigan/101511197/150

1 pr black leather walking shoes, 1 add'l pair walking shoes suitable for itinerary, 1 pair shoes for skirts, 1 pair flip flops.

Ipad with camera card adapter. Small 6 plug or wall plug box. Kindle.

Wine and corkscrew! (Okay, the wine doesn't go in my suitcase. I get to buy it locally before embarkation!)

"Throw Away"clothes! Our best advice - pack all the clothes you are ready to give to Goodwill. No one on the ship or at the ports knows you are wearing "old" clothes! Leave them behind as you travel - from hotel to ship ports. Always leave a note that you intend to leave/give them away (or you might be surprised to find them mailed back to you sometime!). As we travel, we then have a LOT of room to re-fill our suit case with newfound acuisitions!

I think I will try to bring a box of Kleenex. I hate the stuff in the bathrooms, it's rough on the nose, and too small and flimsy. Shouldn't be too difficult to buy, in HK on our next cruise, or FLL for the one after that! So much to remember. I must make a list before this thread disappears. I've also been looking for a good small folding umbrella in light summery colours that I could also use as a parasol. I hate hats!

I bought a great little collapsible umbrella at Bentley's or there are nice ones at our CAA store. Don't forget camera.

I always have an ongoing list on my computer that I print off.

Another item I always bring is my small laptop.

Archived