Thank you all- Operation Surprise Wedding aka "Fake Family/Friend Reunion" is Working

traylynn

Hi All

Several months ago I posted about not wanting to have family and friends obligated to attend our destination wedding. Both my parents are deceased and my future MIL is an avid cruiser and she is in. We decided to send the link out to 40 friends/family members each.

Since than I have a created a Family/Friends Reunion web page sent the link out we have 18 folks paid deposits in the 1st 3days. We decided to send the link out to 40 friends/family members each.

Our cruise is leaving out of San Juan and the itinerary was a huge motivation for some.

I've been working with Janelle from Island Bliss and all is great.

I am hoping to book El Convento or La Concha as our pre-cruise hotel. I am waiting on group rates.

I truly thank you all for the words of encouragement.

Also if you want to see my site email me and I will send you the link.

Hi All

Several months ago I posted about not wanting to have family and friends obligated to attend our destination wedding. Both my parents are deceased and my future MIL is an avid cruiser and she is in. We decided to send the link out to 40 friends/family members each.

Since than I have a created a Family/Friends Reunion web page sent the link out we have 18 folks paid deposits in the 1st 3days. We decided to send the link out to 40 friends/family members each.

Our cruise is leaving out of San Juan and the itinerary was a huge motivation for some.

I've been working with Janelle from Island Bliss and all is great.

I am hoping to book El Convento or La Concha as our pre-cruise hotel. I am waiting on group rates.

I truly thank you all for the words of encouragement.

Also if you want to see my site email me and I will send you the link.

This sounds fabulous!

Just for El Concento is sells out fast, I would book early. Have fun!!

I'm so glad it's working out for you. Just wondering--how are you planning to handle if anyone makes an excursion reservation/plans for St. Thomas? Are you telling anyone before the ship leaves?

The TA, will tell them an island tour has already been planned. Yes to answer your question about El Convento, I am waiting on a reply from them regarding group rates.

Yes we plan to host a meet and greet/reception at the hotel and make the announcement once everyone arrives. The TA is in on the plan and has will discourage them from making plans and she is encouraging them to fly in the day before. For many guest this will be their first cruise.

Have you stayed at El Convento?

Archived