7am arrival w/FTTF ... can we make the 8am water taxi?

CDNJehn

We arrive at 7am Belize time and have purchased FTTF. Assuming we are reading and raring to get on that tender as early as possible ... what are the chances we'll make the 8am water taxi to Caye Caulker?

This is our third time to Belize, so I'm aware of the time it takes to tender once you're actually on the boat. The first time we did a ship excursion and the second time we used an independent snorkel tour that didn't meet until 2 hours after the ship arrived. Never really had to leave in a RUSH off the ship in Belize.

If we can't make the 8am taxi, I'm not sure I want to wait for the 10:30am one. It'll be 11ish by the time we get to Caye Caulker and then we'd have to leave on the 1:30 taxi. Not as much time as I'd like. What to do, what to do. :confused:

I was on the Liberty in November 2012 and had FTTF. I have to admit, it was when FTTF first came out but it was a mess. We went down to Guest Services and one of the first group there. They told us to wait aside and someone would come get us. As we waited, more FTTF came and there was about 50+ people. When someone did come about 20 mins later to get us, they said that only 20 people could go.

Let me tell you, there were lots of unhappy people that day. Luckily there were some of us that agreed who was there first so my group was let on the tender.

I hope since then, they got their act together.

Look at Belize Water Taxi's schedule not just the Caye Caulker Taxi schedule. Two different services. Belize has a 9AM ferry to CC.

http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/#!schedule/c22wn

But to answer your question. I doubt you would be able to make the 8AM departures, but if you get lucky and move quickly you might be able too. The first tenders will not be leaving the ship until probably 7:15-7:30 Belize. It's a 20 minute ferry ride and a 5 minute walk, You don't want to buy a ticket in advance as you might miss the ferry.

You do need to decide which service has the best return schedule for your needs. If it's CCWT and you take BWT over then only buy a 1 way ticket to CC and immediately try to buy a return ticket on CCWT when you arrive at the CC dock.

Thanks for the link...why did I think there was only one water taxi? Anyhow, that 9am taxi is a BIG help. Looks like we would have to get the 1:30 taxi back regardless of service.

One had some reviews that they were a bit unreliable on time...so I'm glad we have a good buffer of time coming back. No need to stress.

I am assuming your 7AM arrival time is Belize time ? Belize is one hour ahead right now.

Yes thank you, I started my post with that info. I appreciate you checking though. I know how some can forget that they might stay on ship time.

So...if I am cruising on the Dream in October....on the 26th...the Dream will be on EST so we will be 2 hours AHEAD of the Belize time when we arrive, correct?

However.....since most of Mexico starts Daylight Savings on 10/27, it will be a one hour difference in Coz and Costa Maya?

I'm guessing Roatan will be two hours behind as well.

This can get confusing! LOL

This can get confusing! LOL

You bet it can! On the site mentioned above you can search for a location and then I think it might be a 'time converter' link that allows you to put the date in as well. That would help with your daylight savings time question.

Archived