Land Rover & Cave Expedition

tlacabe

This will be our second visit to Belize; My family is excited about returning. The bar is set high, I have to find something exhilarating. Normally I book private tours but because of the tender situation I’ve decided to book with carnival. So any help would be appreciated.

Land Rover & Cave Expedition?

This tour is operated by Chukka (or Chakka?). They are a large cruise line sponsored operator, we used them as well in Jamaica. So...do not expect something really out of the ordinary, it is more a mainstream soft adventure...and sold at a high price! There is nothing wrong with it for first time cruisers but if you look for something more special, this one may not be it.

What do you recommend?

This tour is operated by Chukka (or Chakka?). They are a large cruise line sponsored operator, we used them as well in Jamaica. So...do not expect something really out of the ordinary, it is more a mainstream soft adventure...and sold at a high price! There is nothing wrong with it for first time cruisers but if you look for something more special, this one may not be it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also considering this tour. It gets great reviews on carnival's website. Looking forward to hearing some feedback about this. We will be in Belize in December. had planned on doing the cave tubing but the tubing through carnival gets bad reviews. I usualy do independant tours but for this stop in Belize I want to stick to a Carnival excursion as Belize makes me nervous.

I will definitely submit a review once I return from my Thanksgiving Cruise. Belize is one of my favorite port and my husband and son is always looking for a pile of mud to run into. I’m hoping this cures that for a while.

I am also considering this tour. It gets great reviews on carnival's website. Looking forward to hearing some feedback about this. We will be in Belize in December. had planned on doing the cave tubing but the tubing through carnival gets bad reviews. I usualy do independant tours but for this stop in Belize I want to stick to a Carnival excursion as Belize makes me nervous.

I've done this twice and had a great time! The first was better, less pits in the road, hadn't been in cave before and we left right from the ship.

Last time from Legend we tendered to port and waited a long time as one family must have thought they didn't need to abide by the time set...We split into 2 groups, one went by boat (small, uncovered) up the river to a park. The river was beautiful and was winding all around. Hat, sunscreen a MUST! Got to Land Rovers and they aren't in great condition. Some have shade in the back, some don't. Bug spray a must!

Rode over paved then unpaved road for a long while. Road was much rougher on the 2nd trip--you'll need a chiropractor! Went across suspension bridge to the cave. Had to crawl in some places to get through. Nice lunch had been provided first time, not now--available for $5 though. Back to port in open air bus with rum punch but no the great music we had the first time.

What ship did they pick you up from?

I've done this twice and had a great time! The first was better, less pits in the road, hadn't been in cave before and we left right from the ship.

Last time from Legend we tendered to port and waited a long time as one family must have thought they didn't need to abide by the time set...We split into 2 groups, one went by boat (small, uncovered) up the river to a park. The river was beautiful and was winding all around. Hat, sunscreen a MUST! Got to Land Rovers and they aren't in great condition. Some have shade in the back, some don't. Bug spray a must!

Rode over paved then unpaved road for a long while. Road was much rougher on the 2nd trip--you'll need a chiropractor! Went across suspension bridge to the cave. Had to crawl in some places to get through. Nice lunch had been provided first time, not now--available for $5 though. Back to port in open air bus with rum punch but no the great music we had the first time.

Archived