Whales...Has anyone seen one?

tipfamily

I was reading a thread on dolphins and was wondering if anyone had ever spotted a whale while they were on their cruise? If so, what time of year was it and what ship were you on? If I could see a whale on my cruise in June 2006, I wouldn't ask for anything else!! That would be so awesome!

Thanks. :)

When we were in Puerto Varlata in feb. 2003, we saw plenty from the tour boat on the way back to the ship. They were coming to the top all around our boat....Dennis

Guest Crazeecat5

We saw some while we were on the Pride in Feb, 2004, cruising the Mexican Riviera. They migrate at that time of year on the West coast. What an awesome sight!

Sheryl

A lot of them on the Mexican Riviera in early Spring. Have seen them many times, however, they keep their distance from the ship.

They winter in the Sea of Cortez (Gulf of California) and have their calves there, then head back to Alaska in the Spring. Great life, huh ? :D

I never seen any whales, but I seen a picture where a ship hit a whale and impaled it. I can't find the picture but if I do I'll post, if anybody else finds the picture please post it. But I remember being on the Oceanic and it hit a whale back in the late 70's. It had to go in drydock.

My husband and I caught a glimpse of one while on the Ecstasy in May. Actually he got a better look at it. I saw a quick, big splash. It caused quite a commotion though as many people noticed it and scrambled to the rails with binoculars.

Archived