Help needed dream from Canaveral

tactic

Hi my parents are sailing on carnival dream in September. What time does boarding start? Eg what time should they arrive at port?

They have never sailed carnival before, although they have cruised many times with other lines. Has anyone any tips for the dream that they should know? Best places to eat, hang out, entertainment, quiet areas, escape from kids etc....

Thanks for your help. Two British seniors escaping uk weather....... ;)

If all goes well, boarding could start around 11:00. We like to get to the ports early. Port Canaveral is good at getting people on quickly. My first time on Dream, we got to the port sometime around 10:30-10:40. After checking in, we sat for only about 10 minutes before our zone was called to board the ship. We were on shortly after 11:00.

I'm not sure about escaping from the kids, as I love being around kids. They bring so much life & joy, which is why my job & volunteer work is all about kids. The kids do love the waterpark on the Dream. There will be kids or teens around the ship, but they are usually better behaved than the young adults around my age. The adult only serenity area is for 21 and older only. That's up on the higher decks, towards the front of the ship, pretty close to the waterslide stairs. I have never done more than a walkthrough of it, but people seem to enjoy it in there. The deck 5 lanai is a spot that many people enjoy relaxing and getting some sun, away from the noise of the main pool. Getting away from the hot tubs on that lanai would be better if they're looking for quietness.

For food, I recommend they try out the free pasta bar on the first day for lunch after getting on board. It's toward the back, upstairs from the aft buffet lines. It will get busier as the week goes on. They also have a BBQ down on the deck 5 lanai for lunch on sea days.

For entertainment, the Dream has the best shows of any Carnival ship. Dancing in the Streets is the fleet's best show of all. There are 2 more great production shows during the week. And in the oceans plaza, Black Jack Band will be playing most nights, and they do a great job. They play all kinds of music from many different eras.

Archived