Sea Explorer - nassau

mykidsmom

This is an excursion I would not have taken had it not been for a friend who very much wanted to go and whose husband was too sunburned to even get off the ship. (Her husdand was, however, able to spend the afternoon at a bar on the ship with my DH ........ :p )

The tour was better than I expected and my friend who has never snorkeled absolutely LOVED it!!!

The Seaworld Explorer looks pretty much like a normal boat. On board you go down a stairway to the observation area with glass windows which is about 5 ft. below water level. On the ride you see different types of coral and a HUGE variety of colorful fish. Because the boat is acturally moving through/amoung the fish, you feel close to the same sensation you feel snorkeling. Certainly, it's better than watching fish in even a large underground aquarium. Lots of "oooohs & aaaahs"! Everyone seemed to really enjoy it.

While I don't plan to take this tour again, I'd certainly recommend it to people who don't snorkel.

Our excursion lasted an hour and a half.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Thanks for the rundown of this excursion. I am looking forward to it more now. We don't do snorkeling (the kids do) and this sounds nice - different. My husband is making it my responsibility to find something to do here besides shop. The rest of the gang are planning to go to Atlantis, but that does not interest us.

• 1 month later...

Don't know about a website ... but, there was an ad for Seaworld Explorer in a newspaper when we were there so it can be booked independently but the price was about the same. Maybe you can do a Goggle Search and find something?

Archived