For those recently on the Ecstacy

afergvip

There doesn't seem to be too many reviews with photos on this ship. I saw in an older review that there were no hair dryers on the ship. Is that still the case??

Also, If someone could post some pics that would be great. I have been on the Fantasy and Sensation and liked those ships fine so I assume this one is not very much different.

Thanks so much in advance!!!

We were on the Ecstasy in June out of Canaveral and have differing views from the readers on the above mentioned review. My wife and I both felt that this ship was tiny compared to other ships that we have been on. There is only 1 pool for the entire ship. Difficult to get to the back of the ship for the Serenity Deck. There were 2 hot tubs back here that always seemed to be full, (usually with the same people camping out all day long) and no adult only pool. The entertainment was OK, typical Carnival, but they did have the new Hasbro Game Show Series that was fun and brought in alot of audience participation. The Lido deck buffet always had long lines for lunch and breakfast.

Some people like the smaller ships, we do not. The ship was clean and well maintained and the staff was awesome!!

We were on the Ecstasy in June out of Canaveral and have differing views from the readers on the above mentioned review. My wife and I both felt that this ship was tiny compared to other ships that we have been on. There is only 1 pool for the entire ship. Difficult to get to the back of the ship for the Serenity Deck. There were 2 hot tubs back here that always seemed to be full, (usually with the same people camping out all day long) and no adult only pool. The entertainment was OK, typical Carnival, but they did have the new Hasbro Game Show Series that was fun and brought in alot of audience participation. The Lido deck buffet always had long lines for lunch and breakfast.

Some people like the smaller ships, we do not. The ship was clean and well maintained and the staff was awesome!!

Thank you for your review! I knew when we booked it was one of the smaller ships. I have previously been on the Fantasy and the Sensation, it's sister ships. I was also on the Holiday which would have had to have been the worse ship in the entire Carnival fleet. It has since been sold to China I think. I LOVED the Legend and loved that serenity area. It had a pool with the Serenity area and it was by far the best serenity area I have been to, other than Disney's. Thanks again for the review!

Can you tell me if they had a hair dryer in the room? Just trying to decide whether or not to take my own. Thanks so much and thanks for the review!!!

I don't recall seeing a hair dryer in the cabin but if there is one it would be in the drawer by the desk.

I don't use a hair dryer so I never pay attention if there is one in the cabin or not

Thank you for your review! I knew when we booked it was one of the smaller ships. I have previously been on the Fantasy and the Sensation, it's sister ships. I was also on the Holiday which would have had to have been the worse ship in the entire Carnival fleet. It has since been sold to China I think. I LOVED the Legend and loved that serenity area. It had a pool with the Serenity area and it was by far the best serenity area I have been to, other than Disney's. Thanks again for the review!

I agree with you....the Serenity area on the Legend was wonderful. But there is something about watching the ships wake in the blue waters on the Fantasy class ships.

As the previous poster mentioned above I didn't think it was difficult to find the Serenity area. We particularly enjoy the smaller ships but I guess it doesn't really matter what ship I'm on as long as I'm onboard

We're sailing on Ecstasy in December, so I've been searching for the best reviews for months now. I ended up saving my 2 favorites. wrigley80's is one of them :). The other is from MrFunInTheSun: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1746672

Have you checked Shy Girl Goes to Sea? (I don't know how to post a link)

Sailed on ecstasy 8/8. Ship is in excellent shape. Has 2 review shows,newlywed game,hasbro game show,and punch liner comedy club with 2 comedians. We had a great cruise. Food was better than expected,half moon cay was pure heaven! The crew was very friendly and always cleaning something. Waiters around pool and bartenders were on point. You never had a drink go dry. Smaller ship,but you can always find a spot. Enjoy!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived